Home > Lyrica > Itching > Lyrica and Itching
Review: could Lyrica cause Itching?
Summary: Itching is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cymbalta, and have Pain.
We study 64,323 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,011 have Itching. Find out below who they are, when they have Itching and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lyrica and have Itching >>>
Lyrica (latest outcomes from 66,543 users) has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia.
Itching (latest reports from 546,293 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 64,323 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 1,011 people (1.57%) have Itching.
Time on Lyrica when people have Itching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Lyrica * :
Age of people who have Itching when taking Lyrica * :
Severity of Itching when taking Lyrica ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Itching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (254 people, 25.12%)
- Fibromyalgia (190 people, 18.79%)
- Neuralgia (144 people, 14.24%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (100 people, 9.89%)
- Hypertension (97 people, 9.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cymbalta (128 people, 12.66%)
- Gabapentin (96 people, 9.50%)
- Aspirin (80 people, 7.91%)
- Lasix (77 people, 7.62%)
- Neurontin (75 people, 7.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Itching while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Itching
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Itching
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who take Lyrica
Hey Everyone! Joanne_Lilo, I'm sorry about the car accident! This is listed on Lyrica's drug information: "Report any new or worsening symptoms to your doctor, such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself." Have you told your doctor?
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Propranolo & pregabalin - do they produce heart troubles? my meds mix has
(Asked by a 46 year old man who has Angina, Panic, Anxiety, and takes Zopiclone, Pregabalin, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Being on zopiclone 75mg (sleep med) gave me terrible poly/firbomyalgia, which I was then prescrbed pregabalin to aleviate pains and anxiety, and the propranolo to help with the same. On day one of propranolo I had a medium heart attack like event, within 24hrs had a large attack and became hospitali ...
- I have an enlarged liver...could i use buprenorphine?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Enlarged Liver, and takes Allopurinol, Metformin, Lyrica, Morphine)
I want to know if i can take buprenorphine with an enlarged liver
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Can droopy eyelid be caused by a bump and/or pregabalin?
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Droopy Eyelid, and takes Pregabalin)
Had a bad bump on my forehead a couple of weeks ago and my whole face went black. Mostly better now but Im let with a badly drooping eyelid (right) which the doctors tell me will go away. No sign of that at the moment but Ive read that pregabalin (which I take in small doses, can cause this. It ...
- Is anyone else with ms having problems getting off of lyrica?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Full Head Feeling, Dizziness, Dry Mouth, Tight Chest, Severe Withdrawal, and takes Lyrica)
I am on 1.5 mg clonazepam and I take Betaseron injectables for my MS. I take 50 mg of Ellaville and one Prilosec that's it. I was on Lyrica for about three months and am having a horrible time trying to come down off of it. I would really like to know if anyone has tried the Lyrica oral suspension. ...
More questions for: Lyrica, Itching
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- 3 strong drugs together against neuropathic pain
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Ehlers-danlos Syndrome, Joint Hypermobility, Neuropathic Pain, and takes Pregabalin, Clonazepam, Methadone Hydrochloride)
Neuropathic pain debuted when I was 24, now I'm 50. Received diagnosed with Ehler-Danlos syndrome (EDS), joint hypermobility type, when I was 35 years old. So it can take some time to get a diagnose. And as EDS-patient I do not belong to any clinic. Orthopedics says that EDS is not orthopedic, rheum ...
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Rash from eating kale
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Itching, Rash Generalised, and takes Kale)
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Nightmare on lyrica st.
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has R.S.D Type 3 Right Lower Leg & Foot, Bulging Disc L 5, and takes Lyrica)
r.knee revision 3rd.and last time due from Mersa infection and blood clot left me 1 1/2 shorter on r. Leg. Lost a lot of nerves in foot lower r. Leg.bulging disc was from falling from knee revision and for 9 months had no knee and on crutches.had lots of falls and blew out lower back. Put me on lyri ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
More reviews for: Lyrica, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Multivitamin, Opana, Opana Er, Zoloft, Restoril, Pristiq, Enbrel for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Enzyme Supplementation, Breakthrough Pain, Psoriatic Arthritis, Depression, Insomnia. The patient has Skin Burning Sensation, Itching, Flank Pain
Comments: Symptoms began 4 days ago with left flank pain and now I have burning, itching, and sensitivity to touch over the area which began 1 day ago.
- A study of drug interactions between Terazosin Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Itching
Comments: saver itching prior to pulmonary embolism continuing after recovery of blood clots
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a patient with Pain. The patient has Itching
Comments: Hives, bruising
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Cetirizine Hydrochloride for a patient with Acid Reflux, Allergy. The patient has Itching
Comments: itchiness after an insect bite (mosquitoes,bugs)
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a patient with Neuropathy. The patient has Rash Generalised (rash on most of body parts)
Comments: Broke out on chest first looked like a heat rash but had some small blistering. It finally clean r ed up now my face has a rash on my checks and across my nose looks like acne but has some blistering.
More related studies for: Lyrica, Itching
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Muscle Fasciculation and Prevacid
- Urticaria and Ibuprofen
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (8 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (11 hours ago)
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (21 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Coumadin for a 26-year old woman who has Blood Clots (37 minutes ago)
- Prevacid, Fluoxetine, Aspirin, Evista, Carvedilol for a 80-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Depression, Heart Rate Increased, Osteopetrosis, Blood Pressure Increased (39 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Coumadin for a 26-year old woman who has Migraine, Depression, Blood Clots (41 minutes ago)