Home > Lyrica > Loss of smell > Lyrica and Loss of smell
Review: could Lyrica cause Loss of smell (Smell - impaired)?
We study 64,323 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Loss of smell. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of smell and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lyrica and have Loss of smell >>>
Lyrica (latest outcomes from 66,519 users) has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia.
Loss of smell
Loss of smell (latest reports from 19,707 patients) has been reported by people with nasopharyngitis, high blood pressure, sinusitis, nasal congestion, asthma.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 64,323 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 37 people (0.06%) have Loss Of Smell.
Time on Lyrica when people have Loss of smell * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of smell||13.64%||50.00%||13.64%||9.09%||13.64%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Loss of smell when taking Lyrica * :
|Loss of smell||75.00%||25.00% |
Age of people who have Loss of smell when taking Lyrica * :
|Loss of smell||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||17.95%||82.05% |
Severity of Loss of smell when taking Lyrica ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of smell||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of smell ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of smell||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Neuralgia (20 people, 54.05%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (15 people, 40.54%)
- Infection (14 people, 37.84%)
- Back pain (12 people, 32.43%)
- Osteopenia (4 people, 10.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Septra (14 people, 37.84%)
- Prednisone (7 people, 18.92%)
- Fosamax (4 people, 10.81%)
- Calcium with vitamin d (4 people, 10.81%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 8.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loss Of Smell while taking Lyrica?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Loss Of Smell
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Loss Of Smell
Comments from related studies:
From this study (11 months ago):
Trying to figure out what is causing my loss of smell. I don't want to stop taking either the Diovan or Lyrica because of the benefits of both.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lyrica, Loss of smell
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Nightmare on lyrica st.
r.knee revision 3rd.and last time due from Mersa infection and blood clot left me 1 1/2 shorter on r. Leg. Lost a lot of nerves in foot lower r. Leg.bulging disc was from falling from knee revision and for 9 months had no knee and on crutches.had lots of falls and blew out lower back. Put me on lyri ...
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my f ...
More reviews for: Lyrica, Loss of smell
On eHealthMe, Lyrica (pregabalin) is often used for fibromyalgia. Find out below the conditions Lyrica is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lyrica used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (33 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (41 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Zanaflex and Fluid Retention
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- Sy/premenstrual Syndrome
- Phenazopyridine Hcl Tab
- Urachal Abnormality
- Difficulty Breathing