Review: could Lyrica cause Loss of smell (Smell - impaired)?
Summary: Loss of smell is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Septra, and have Neuralgia.
We study 64,407 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Loss of smell. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of smell and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lyrica and have Loss of smell >>>
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from 66,627 Lyrica users)
Loss of smell
Loss of smell has been reported by people with nasopharyngitis, high blood pressure, sinusitis, nasal congestion, asthma. (latest reports from 6,771 Loss of smell patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 64,407 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 37 people (0.06%) have Loss Of Smell.
Time on Lyrica when people have Loss of smell * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of smell||13.64%||50.00%||13.64%||9.09%||13.64%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Loss of smell when taking Lyrica * :
|Loss of smell||75.00%||25.00% |
Age of people who have Loss of smell when taking Lyrica * :
|Loss of smell||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||17.95%||82.05% |
Severity of Loss of smell when taking Lyrica ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of smell||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of smell ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of smell||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Neuralgia (20 people, 54.05%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (15 people, 40.54%)
- Infection (14 people, 37.84%)
- Back pain (12 people, 32.43%)
- Osteopenia (4 people, 10.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Septra (14 people, 37.84%)
- Prednisone (7 people, 18.92%)
- Fosamax (4 people, 10.81%)
- Calcium with vitamin d (4 people, 10.81%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 8.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lyrica and loss of smell on
Do you have Loss Of Smell while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Loss Of Smell
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Loss Of Smell
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Zyrtec Allergy, Adderall 20 for a 55-year old man with Sinus Congestion, Allergy To Animal, Adhd. The patient has Loss Of Taste, Loss Of Smell
- A study of drug interactions between Levitra, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Lyrica, Lisinopril, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Levetiracetam for a 67-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Vitamin D Decreased, Preventive Surgery, Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Restlessness, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril, HCTZ, Atorvastatin Calcium, Gabapentin, Effient, Pregabalin, Novolin R, Lantrisul, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 61-year old woman with Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Diuretic Effect, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Neuropathy, Heart Mri, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Diabetes, Heart Rate Decreased. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 46-year old woman with RSD. The patient has Hair Loss
Recent Lyrica related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lo Loestrin Fe, Folic Acid, Adderall Xr 5, Lyrica, Hydrolyzed Collagen for a 26-year old woman who has Skin
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxcarbazepine, Klonopin, Valacyclovir, Opana Er, Lyrica for a 35-year old woman who has Fibromyositis
- Comparions of Vitamins, Lyrica for a 62-year old man who has Neurological Symptom
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.