Review: could Lyrica cause Memory loss?
Summary: Memory loss is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Fibromyalgia.
We study 64,407 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,156 have Memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lyrica and have Memory loss >>>
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from 66,627 Lyrica users)
Memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,451 Memory loss patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 64,407 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 2,156 people (3.35%) have Memory Loss.
Time on Lyrica when people have Memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory loss||44.90%||24.84%||10.53%||11.84%||6.58%||0.82%||0.49% |
Gender of people who have Memory loss when taking Lyrica * :
|Memory loss||74.00%||26.00% |
Age of people who have Memory loss when taking Lyrica * :
|Memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.42%||2.47%||8.42%||23.16%||27.11%||38.42% |
Severity of Memory loss when taking Lyrica ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory loss||7.14%||50.00%||35.71%||7.14% |
How people recovered from Memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory loss||11.54%||0.00%||88.46% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (660 people, 30.61%)
- Pain (485 people, 22.50%)
- Neuralgia (376 people, 17.44%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (196 people, 9.09%)
- Hypertension (192 people, 8.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (326 people, 15.12%)
- Cymbalta (256 people, 11.87%)
- Ambien (197 people, 9.14%)
- Xanax (182 people, 8.44%)
- Nexium (180 people, 8.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lyrica and memory loss on
Do you have Memory Loss while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Memory Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 56-year old woman with Trigeminal Neuralgia. The patient has Cough, Postnasal Drip
- A study of side effects of Indapamide for a 61-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Sweating Increased, Anxiety, Forgetfulness
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of side effects of Cyclosporine for a 42-year old man with Heart Transplant Rejection. The patient has Memory Impairment, Confusion, Light Sensitivity, Burning Feet Syndrome, Feeling Hot And Cold, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Tremor
Recent Lyrica related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lo Loestrin Fe, Folic Acid, Adderall Xr 5, Lyrica, Hydrolyzed Collagen for a 26-year old woman who has Skin
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxcarbazepine, Klonopin, Valacyclovir, Opana Er, Lyrica for a 35-year old woman who has Fibromyositis
- Comparions of Vitamins, Lyrica for a 62-year old man who has Neurological Symptom
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.