Review: could Lyrica cause Narcotic intoxication?
Summary: Narcotic intoxication is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Kevatril, and have Pain.
We study 64,396 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Narcotic intoxication. Find out below who they are, when they have Narcotic intoxication and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lyrica and have Narcotic intoxication >>>
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from 66,617 Lyrica users)
Narcotic intoxication (a condition caused by use of narcotic agents) has been reported by people with pain, breakthrough pain, diabetes, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 564 Narcotic intoxication patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 64,396 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 17 people (0.03%) have Narcotic Intoxication.
Time on Lyrica when people have Narcotic intoxication * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Narcotic intoxication||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Narcotic intoxication when taking Lyrica * :
|Narcotic intoxication||6.25%||93.75% |
Age of people who have Narcotic intoxication when taking Lyrica * :
|Narcotic intoxication||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.25%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||93.75% |
Severity of Narcotic intoxication when taking Lyrica ** :
How people recovered from Narcotic intoxication ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (15 people, 88.24%)
- Prostate cancer (13 people, 76.47%)
- Constipation (12 people, 70.59%)
- Depression (12 people, 70.59%)
- Gastritis (11 people, 64.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Kevatril (13 people, 76.47%)
- Haldol (13 people, 76.47%)
- Metamizole (13 people, 76.47%)
- Duragesic-100 (12 people, 70.59%)
- Scopolamine (11 people, 64.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Narcotic Intoxication while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Narcotic Intoxication
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Narcotic Intoxication
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of side effects of Pregabalin for a 56-year old woman with Muscle Spasms. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type (conditions that prevent a person from getting restful sleep due to mental condition of not getting sleep)
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 33-year old woman with Neuropathy - Femoral Nerve. The patient has Cystic Acne (skin sac with seborrhoea (scaly red skin))
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Crestor, Lyrica, Aspirin for a 69-year old man with Reflux Oesophagitis, High Blood Cholesterol, Post Herpetic Neuralgia, Heart Disease. The patient has Light Sensitivity
Recent Lyrica related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.