Review: could Lyrica cause Renal impairment?
Summary: Renal impairment is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Atenolol, and have Neuropathy peripheral.
We study 64,407 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 247 have Renal impairment. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal impairment and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lyrica and have Renal impairment >>>
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from 66,617 Lyrica users)
Renal impairment (severely reduced kidney function) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, high blood cholesterol, kidney transplant. (latest reports from 35,404 Renal impairment patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 64,407 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 247 people (0.38%) have Renal Impairment.
Time on Lyrica when people have Renal impairment * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal impairment||67.35%||23.47%||2.04%||7.14%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Renal impairment when taking Lyrica * :
|Renal impairment||62.23%||37.77% |
Age of people who have Renal impairment when taking Lyrica * :
|Renal impairment||0.00%||0.00%||1.21%||0.00%||2.42%||5.24%||31.45%||59.68% |
Severity of Renal impairment when taking Lyrica ** :
How people recovered from Renal impairment ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Neuropathy peripheral (56 people, 22.67%)
- Neuralgia (45 people, 18.22%)
- Pain (43 people, 17.41%)
- Fibromyalgia (38 people, 15.38%)
- Back pain (37 people, 14.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (48 people, 19.43%)
- Lisinopril (47 people, 19.03%)
- Cymbalta (45 people, 18.22%)
- Atacand (43 people, 17.41%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (35 people, 14.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Impairment while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Renal Impairment
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Renal Impairment
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril, HCTZ, Atorvastatin Calcium, Gabapentin, Effient, Pregabalin, Novolin R, Lantrisul, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 61-year old woman with Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Diuretic Effect, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Neuropathy, Heart Mri, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Diabetes, Heart Rate Decreased. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 46-year old woman with RSD. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Armour Thyroid, Lyrica for a 63-year old man with Back Pain, Thyroid Gland Cancer, Degenerative Disc Disease, Pain Down Legs And Back, Pain Upper Back Over Shoulder Down Arm , Hand. The patient has Intractable Pain, Oxycodone
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Tramadol, Lyrica for a 42-year old woman with Depression, Pain, Nerve Pain. The patient has Ocular Migraine, Nerve Pain, Shortness Of Breath, High Blood Pressure, Constipation, Chest Discomfort, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Skelaxin, Ultram, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 54-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Back Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Hair Loss
Recent Lyrica related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vitamins, Lyrica for a 62-year old man who has Neurological Symptom
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Lyrica, Vicodin for a 53-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Savella, Topamax, Lyrica for a 42-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Lyrica, Flexeril, Adderall 10, Levothyroxine Sodium, Norco for a 39-year old woman who has Cervical Spinal Stenosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.