Review: could Lyrica cause Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)?
Summary: Restless legs syndrome is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Pain.
We study 64,407 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 191 have Restless legs syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lyrica and have Restless legs syndrome >>>
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from 66,623 Lyrica users)
Restless legs syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 17,498 Restless legs syndrome patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 64,407 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 191 people (0.30%) have Restless Legs Syndrome.
Time on Lyrica when people have Restless legs syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs syndrome||38.71%||29.03%||6.45%||0.00%||12.90%||9.68%||3.23% |
Gender of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Lyrica * :
|Restless legs syndrome||72.81%||27.19% |
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Lyrica * :
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.70%||11.27%||26.06%||34.51%||27.46% |
Severity of Restless legs syndrome when taking Lyrica ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless legs syndrome||14.29%||28.57%||57.14%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Restless legs syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (45 people, 23.56%)
- Fibromyalgia (45 people, 23.56%)
- Osteoporosis (22 people, 11.52%)
- Depression (22 people, 11.52%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (17 people, 8.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (42 people, 21.99%)
- Amitriptyline hcl (34 people, 17.80%)
- Aredia (34 people, 17.80%)
- Acyclovir (33 people, 17.28%)
- Cymbalta (32 people, 16.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lyrica and restless legs syndrome on
Do you have Restless Legs Syndrome while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Levitra, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Lyrica, Lisinopril, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Levetiracetam for a 67-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Vitamin D Decreased, Preventive Surgery, Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Restlessness, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of side effects of Haloperidol for a 35-year old man with Schizophrenia. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril, HCTZ, Atorvastatin Calcium, Gabapentin, Effient, Pregabalin, Novolin R, Lantrisul, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 61-year old woman with Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Diuretic Effect, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Neuropathy, Heart Mri, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Diabetes, Heart Rate Decreased. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 46-year old woman with RSD. The patient has Hair Loss
Recent Lyrica related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lo Loestrin Fe, Folic Acid, Adderall Xr 5, Lyrica, Hydrolyzed Collagen for a 26-year old woman who has Skin
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxcarbazepine, Klonopin, Valacyclovir, Opana Er, Lyrica for a 35-year old woman who has Fibromyositis
- Comparions of Vitamins, Lyrica for a 62-year old man who has Neurological Symptom
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.