Review: could Lyrica cause Sinus infection (Sinusitis)?
Summary: Sinus infection is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Fibromyalgia.
We study 64,407 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 379 have Sinus infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Sinus infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lyrica and have Sinus infection >>>
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from 66,623 Lyrica users)
Sinus infection (inflammation of sinus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, psoriasis. (latest reports from 36,524 Sinus infection patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 64,407 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 379 people (0.59%) have Sinus Infection.
Time on Lyrica when people have Sinus infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sinus infection||53.85%||15.38%||15.38%||7.69%||7.69%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sinus infection when taking Lyrica * :
|Sinus infection||74.89%||25.11% |
Age of people who have Sinus infection when taking Lyrica * :
|Sinus infection||0.29%||0.00%||0.29%||0.87%||8.12%||29.28%||28.41%||32.75% |
Severity of Sinus infection when taking Lyrica ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sinus infection||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sinus infection ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sinus infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (72 people, 19.00%)
- Pain (61 people, 16.09%)
- Osteoporosis (59 people, 15.57%)
- Multiple myeloma (41 people, 10.82%)
- Depression (41 people, 10.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (161 people, 42.48%)
- Aredia (125 people, 32.98%)
- Nexium (114 people, 30.08%)
- Prednisone (113 people, 29.82%)
- Ambien (110 people, 29.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lyrica and sinus infection on
Do you have Sinus Infection while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Sinus Infection
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Sinus Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Pregabalin for a 32-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 56-year old woman with Trigeminal Neuralgia. The patient has Cough, Postnasal Drip
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin-vk, Phentermine, Mirena for a 36-year old woman with Antibiotic Level, Weight Loss, Birth Control. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Low Platelet Count, Sinus Infection, Aches - Leg, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Levitra, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Lyrica, Lisinopril, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Levetiracetam for a 67-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Vitamin D Decreased, Preventive Surgery, Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Restlessness, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Skin Rash
Recent Lyrica related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lo Loestrin Fe, Folic Acid, Adderall Xr 5, Lyrica, Hydrolyzed Collagen for a 26-year old woman who has Skin
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxcarbazepine, Klonopin, Valacyclovir, Opana Er, Lyrica for a 35-year old woman who has Fibromyositis
- Comparions of Vitamins, Lyrica for a 62-year old man who has Neurological Symptom
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.