Review: could Lyrica cause Stevens-johnson syndrome (Erythema multiforme)?
Summary: Stevens-johnson syndrome is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Neuralgia.
We study 64,396 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 142 have Stevens-johnson syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Stevens-johnson syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lyrica and have Stevens-johnson syndrome >>>
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from 66,617 Lyrica users)
Stevens-johnson syndrome (an immune-complex-mediated hypersensitivity disorder. it ranges from mild skin and mucous membrane lesions to a severe) has been reported by people with convulsion, high blood pressure, epilepsy, ill-defined disorder, fever. (latest reports from 27,934 Stevens-johnson syndrome patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 64,396 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 142 people (0.22%) have Stevens-johnson Syndrome.
Time on Lyrica when people have Stevens-johnson syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stevens-johnson syndrome||81.16%||13.04%||1.45%||4.35%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stevens-johnson syndrome when taking Lyrica * :
|Stevens-johnson syndrome||53.38%||46.62% |
Age of people who have Stevens-johnson syndrome when taking Lyrica * :
|Stevens-johnson syndrome||0.00%||0.81%||0.00%||0.00%||8.87%||12.10%||33.87%||44.35% |
Severity of Stevens-johnson syndrome when taking Lyrica ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stevens-johnson syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Stevens-johnson syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Neuralgia (28 people, 19.72%)
- Pain (24 people, 16.90%)
- Depression (22 people, 15.49%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 13.38%)
- Constipation (14 people, 9.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (15 people, 10.56%)
- Lorazepam (14 people, 9.86%)
- Nexium (14 people, 9.86%)
- Aspirin (13 people, 9.15%)
- Duragesic-100 (13 people, 9.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lyrica and stevens-johnson syndrome on
Do you have Stevens-johnson Syndrome while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Stevens-johnson Syndrome
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Stevens-johnson Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 30-year old woman with Nerve Injury. The patient has Lower Sex Driver, Weight Gain, Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of side effects of Pregabalin for a 56-year old woman with Muscle Spasms. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type (conditions that prevent a person from getting restful sleep due to mental condition of not getting sleep)
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 33-year old woman with Neuropathy - Femoral Nerve. The patient has Cystic Acne (skin sac with seborrhoea (scaly red skin))
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
Recent Lyrica related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.