Home > Lyrica > Tremors > Lyrica and Tremors
Review: could Lyrica cause Tremors (Tremor)?
Summary: Tremors is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Fibromyalgia.
We study 64,323 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,699 have Tremors. Find out below who they are, when they have Tremors and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lyrica and have Tremors >>>
Lyrica (latest outcomes from 66,543 users) has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia.
Tremors (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body) (latest reports from 405,578 patients) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 64,323 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 1,699 people (2.64%) have Tremors.
Time on Lyrica when people have Tremors * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tremors when taking Lyrica * :
Age of people who have Tremors when taking Lyrica * :
Severity of Tremors when taking Lyrica ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tremors ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (365 people, 21.48%)
- Pain (343 people, 20.19%)
- Neuralgia (264 people, 15.54%)
- Depression (222 people, 13.07%)
- Anxiety (174 people, 10.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (182 people, 10.71%)
- Cymbalta (173 people, 10.18%)
- Aspirin (158 people, 9.30%)
- Atenolol (149 people, 8.77%)
- Lasix (145 people, 8.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tremors while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Tremors
- support group for people who take Lyrica
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who take Lyrica
Hey Everyone! Joanne_Lilo, I'm sorry about the car accident! This is listed on Lyrica's drug information: "Report any new or worsening symptoms to your doctor, such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself." Have you told your doctor?
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Propranolo & pregabalin - do they produce heart troubles? my meds mix has
(Asked by a 46 year old man who has Angina, Panic, Anxiety, and takes Zopiclone, Pregabalin, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Being on zopiclone 75mg (sleep med) gave me terrible poly/firbomyalgia, which I was then prescrbed pregabalin to aleviate pains and anxiety, and the propranolo to help with the same. On day one of propranolo I had a medium heart attack like event, within 24hrs had a large attack and became hospitali ...
- I have an enlarged liver...could i use buprenorphine?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Enlarged Liver, and takes Allopurinol, Metformin, Lyrica, Morphine)
I want to know if i can take buprenorphine with an enlarged liver
- Can droopy eyelid be caused by a bump and/or pregabalin?
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Droopy Eyelid, and takes Pregabalin)
Had a bad bump on my forehead a couple of weeks ago and my whole face went black. Mostly better now but Im let with a badly drooping eyelid (right) which the doctors tell me will go away. No sign of that at the moment but Ive read that pregabalin (which I take in small doses, can cause this. It ...
- Is anyone else with ms having problems getting off of lyrica?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Full Head Feeling, Dizziness, Dry Mouth, Tight Chest, Severe Withdrawal, and takes Lyrica)
I am on 1.5 mg clonazepam and I take Betaseron injectables for my MS. I take 50 mg of Ellaville and one Prilosec that's it. I was on Lyrica for about three months and am having a horrible time trying to come down off of it. I would really like to know if anyone has tried the Lyrica oral suspension. ...
- Can a person with hear problems that took lyrica have sudden death
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Rhabdomyolysis, and takes Lyrica)
my husband took lyrica in dec 2007 swelled up the md prescribed more and he died suddenly on March 17 2008 i wrote to pfziers legal department for answers as they directed me and i never heard from them.
More questions for: Lyrica, Tremors
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- 3 strong drugs together against neuropathic pain
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Ehlers-danlos Syndrome, Joint Hypermobility, Neuropathic Pain, and takes Pregabalin, Clonazepam, Methadone Hydrochloride)
Neuropathic pain debuted when I was 24, now I'm 50. Received diagnosed with Ehler-Danlos syndrome (EDS), joint hypermobility type, when I was 35 years old. So it can take some time to get a diagnose. And as EDS-patient I do not belong to any clinic. Orthopedics says that EDS is not orthopedic, rheum ...
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Nightmare on lyrica st.
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has R.S.D Type 3 Right Lower Leg & Foot, Bulging Disc L 5, and takes Lyrica)
r.knee revision 3rd.and last time due from Mersa infection and blood clot left me 1 1/2 shorter on r. Leg. Lost a lot of nerves in foot lower r. Leg.bulging disc was from falling from knee revision and for 9 months had no knee and on crutches.had lots of falls and blew out lower back. Put me on lyri ...
- Crazy feelings with interesting things
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Tremors, Cant Focus For A Period Of Time, Hearing Voices, and takes Valium)
I am not tired but i can not keep my eyes open.I guess my Brain is tired, not my body. I can not focus on anything for a long period of time and when I try my eyes force close. I begin to hear voices and talk to people who are not present. I am scared so I stopped the meds slowly. Have not taken it ...
- Lyrica varied widely
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, Bright-red Rash, Swelling Of Ankles, Weight Gain, and takes Lyrica)
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
More reviews for: Lyrica, Tremors
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Mobic, Vitamin D, Potassium Chloride, Diovan Hct, Xanax, Lexapro, Vicodin, Zanaflex, Chantix for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Pain, Iga Deficiency, Hypertension, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Stop Smoking. The patient has Ance Like Lesions On Face, Chest, Shoulders, Arms, And Legs
Comments: I am trying to figure out if this "acne" I have all over my face & body is actually acne or something else. It started about a month after I began taking Chantix and I was wondering if that drug could be responsible. At the beginning, I had a sty on the inside lower lid,of my eye, and within 3-4 day ...
- A study of drug interactions between Marijuana, Elavil, Ibuprofen, Lyrica for a patient with Shock, Chronic Depression, Pain - Back, Post-traumatic Headache. The patient has Heartbeat Sensations, Anger
Comments: Elavil, 25mg @ night stopped an 11 month chronic headache after a head injury, I sustained 1 1/2 years ago.
Additionally, Neurologist prescribed 100 mg Lyrica for chronic back/nerve pain from moderate/severe spinal injuries, sustained 20+ years earlier. (Crushed/cracked verabrae and 3 intervertebra ...
- A study of drug interactions between Pred Forte, Pregabalin, Folic Acid, Methotrexate, Prednisolone for a patient with Sarcoidosis, Pain, Immunosuppressant Drug Level. The patient has Sleep Disorder, Cough, Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Increased, High Blood Pressure, Cataract, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Pain Of Skin, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Shortness Of Breath, Uveitis, Ectopic Heartbeat, Heart Block Congenital
Comments: Sarcoidosis caused complete heart block. Pacemaker implanted in December 2009 but for the past two years I have had palpitations caused by around 3.7 million ectopic heartbeats per year.
Sarcoidosis also in lungs and eyes. Extended use of Pred Forte caused development of cataracts, one of which h ...
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a patient with Neuropathy. The patient has Sloughing Of Skin (coming off in a layer or section of skin), Mrsa Infection (methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus superbug infection)
Comments: Weakened immune system, still recovering from major surgery. Developed pneumonia. Began lyrica and found first large area on my chest that looked like it had been severely chemically burned. Doctor prescribed muciprin (sp?) developed many more sores on face, arms, back, and chest over the next mont ...
More related studies for: Lyrica, Tremors
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.