Review: could Maca cause Gluten intolerance (Celiac disease - sprue)?
Summary: there is no Gluten intolerance reported by people who take Maca yet.
We study 20 people who have side effects while taking Maca from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Gluten intolerance and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Maca and have Gluten intolerance >>>
Maca has active ingredients of maca. (latest outcomes from 28 Maca users)
Gluten intolerance (spectrum of disorders, including celiac disease and wheat allergy) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, hypothyroidism, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 2,286 Gluten intolerance patients)
On Jan, 31, 2015: No report is found
Get connected: join our support group of maca and gluten intolerance on
Do you have Gluten Intolerance while taking Maca?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Maca
- support group for people who have Gluten intolerance
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Loestrin Fe 1/20 for a 28-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Celiac Disease - Sprue (a disease of the small intestine)
- A study of side effects of Maca for a 25-year old woman with Cancer Hormonal Therapy. The patient has Menstruation Delayed (late menstruation cycle), Menorrhagia (an abnormally heavy bleeding and prolonged menstrual period at regular intervals)
- A study of side effects of Micronor for a 27-year old woman with Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular. The patient has Celiac Disease - Sprue (a disease of the small intestine), Ulcer - Stomach (stomach ulcer), Teeth Grinding And Clenching (a condition in which you grind, gnash or clench your teeth), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Nose Bleeds (bleeding from nose), Weight Gain, Migraine With Aura (headache with vision weakness), Polycystic Ovaries (cysts in the ovaries that occurs when the follicle stops developing)
- A study of side effects of Yaz for a 27-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Coeliac Disease (simple food intolerance)
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 63-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Gluten-sensitive Enteropathy (intestine disease due to gluten protein)
Recent Maca related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.