Home > Macrobid > Clostridium difficile colitis > Macrobid and Clostridium difficile colitis
Review: could Macrobid cause Clostridium difficile colitis?
Summary: Clostridium difficile colitis is found among people who take Macrobid, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Urinary tract infection.
We study 3,016 people who have side effects while taking Macrobid from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Clostridium difficile colitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Clostridium difficile colitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Macrobid and have Clostridium difficile colitis >>>
Macrobid (latest outcomes from 3,443 users) has active ingredients of nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Clostridium difficile colitis
Clostridium difficile colitis (inflammation of colon by clostridium difficile bacteria infection) (latest reports from 31,379 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 3,011 people reported to have side effects when taking Macrobid. Among them, 7 people (0.23%) have Clostridium Difficile Colitis.
Time on Macrobid when people have Clostridium difficile colitis * :
Gender of people who have Clostridium difficile colitis when taking Macrobid * :
|Clostridium difficile colitis||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Clostridium difficile colitis when taking Macrobid * :
|Clostridium difficile colitis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||42.86%||42.86% |
Severity of Clostridium difficile colitis when taking Macrobid ** :
How people recovered from Clostridium difficile colitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Urinary tract infection (6 people, 85.71%)
- Multiple sclerosis (3 people, 42.86%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 42.86%)
- Fatigue (3 people, 42.86%)
- Depression (3 people, 42.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (5 people, 71.43%)
- Phenergan (3 people, 42.86%)
- Uroxatral (3 people, 42.86%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 42.86%)
- Meperidine hcl (3 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Clostridium Difficile Colitis while taking Macrobid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Macrobid and have Clostridium Difficile Colitis
- support group for people who take Macrobid
- support group for people who have Clostridium Difficile Colitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take my macrobid while i have a hangover? is it safe?
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has UTI, and takes Macrobid)
Help me please! I really need to know if I can take my pill (macrobid) when I have a hangover
- Should i take activella 1/.5 for menapause symptoms? i have tachycardia and a strong family history of heart disease and problems.
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Menapause, Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Prednisone, Cardizem, Ventolin, Metformin, Claritin, Macrobid, Dulera, Zanaflex, Actemra, Vitamin D, Edta)
I am trying to decide if I should take Activella 1/.5 for treatment of Menapause symptoms that are driving me nuts. I have been struggling with hot flashes and night sweats along with dryness, and difficulty sleeping. My doctor told me that since I am 48 and already about a year into this that tre ...
- Can macrobid cause pain in the lymph nodes in neck on one side
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Macrobid)
- Can cdiff cause sarcoidosis
(Asked by a 45 year old man who has C. Diff, Sarcoidosis)
My fiance was hopsitalized for over a month due to a subarachnoid hemorrage. About two weeks later while he was still on a respirator fighting for his life he developed cdiff. No one ever mentioned him having the sarcoidosis I have since learned this from his discharge instructions. I wanted to k ...
More questions for: Macrobid, Clostridium difficile colitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Clindamycin induced clostridium difficile colitis
(Posted by a 51 year old man who has C. Difficile Colitis, and takes Clindamycin Hydrochloride)
Dentist prescribed 10 day prescription of Clindamycin for tooth ache, where a week after completing it, a near fatal CDiff infection developed. Renal failure and 3 weeks in hospital followed by 2 months of rehab. No probiotics were taken with the antibiotic. Vancomycin and Flagyl cured the CDiff inf ...
More reviews for: Macrobid, Clostridium difficile colitis
- A study of side effects of Macrobid for a patient with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Cystitis Chronic (long lasting inflammation of the wall of the bladder)
Comments: Now have very painful achellies tendinitis
- A study of side effects of Macrobid for a patient with UTI - Recurrent. The patient has Hallucination, Visual (seeing things that aren't there)
Comments: twice in 4 days both times upon awakening the hallucination was not related to the dream saw person standing
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 10, Clonazepam, Abilify, Macrobid for a patient with ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depressive Symptom, Urinary Tract Disorder. The patient has Vascular Anomaly
Comments: Baby girl born with multiple vascular malformations
- A study of side effects of Macrobid for a patient with Uti. The patient has Itching
Comments: Can macrobid cause anal itching?
- A study of drug interactions between OxyCODONE, TORADOL, Lactulose, Bisacodyl, MILK OF MAGNESIA, Colace, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Temazepam, Prochlorperazine Maleate, Metoclopramide for a patient with Pain, Constipation, Insomnia, Nausea Postoperative, Nausea. The patient has C. Difficile Colitis
Comments: Resulted in full removal of the colon
More related studies for: Macrobid, Clostridium difficile colitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.