Review: could Macrobid cause Clostridium difficile colitis?
Summary: Clostridium difficile colitis is found among people who take Macrobid, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Urinary tract infection.
We study 3,018 people who have side effects while taking Macrobid from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Clostridium difficile colitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Clostridium difficile colitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Macrobid and have Clostridium difficile colitis >>>
Macrobid has active ingredients of nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Macrobid 3,446 users)
Clostridium difficile colitis
Clostridium difficile colitis (inflammation of colon by clostridium difficile bacteria infection) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, pain, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Clostridium difficile colitis 3,626 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 3,016 people reported to have side effects when taking Macrobid. Among them, 7 people (0.23%) have Clostridium Difficile Colitis.
Time on Macrobid when people have Clostridium difficile colitis * :
Gender of people who have Clostridium difficile colitis when taking Macrobid * :
|Clostridium difficile colitis||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Clostridium difficile colitis when taking Macrobid * :
|Clostridium difficile colitis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||42.86%||42.86% |
Severity of Clostridium difficile colitis when taking Macrobid ** :
How people recovered from Clostridium difficile colitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Urinary tract infection (6 people, 85.71%)
- Multiple sclerosis (3 people, 42.86%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 42.86%)
- Fatigue (3 people, 42.86%)
- Depression (3 people, 42.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (5 people, 71.43%)
- Phenergan (3 people, 42.86%)
- Uroxatral (3 people, 42.86%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 42.86%)
- Meperidine hcl (3 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Clostridium Difficile Colitis while taking Macrobid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Macrobid and have Clostridium Difficile Colitis
- support group for people who take Macrobid
- support group for people who have Clostridium Difficile Colitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Macrobid, Clostridium difficile colitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Clindamycin induced clostridium difficile colitis (1 response)
Dentist prescribed 10 day prescription of Clindamycin for tooth ache, where a week after completing it, a near fatal CDiff infection developed. Renal failure and 3 weeks in hospital followed by 2 months of rehab. No probiotics were taken with the antibiotic. Vancomycin and Flagyl cured the CDiff infection.
Advice: DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG, IT IS TOO DESTRUCTIVE!
More reviews for: Macrobid, Clostridium difficile colitis
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- At the first dose of 100 mg am I felt some agitation, did not take blood pressure, after second dose of 100 mg pm after approx/ 2 hours took blood presssure and recorded 190/99 with HR 99. Discontinued drug
and blood pressure returned to normal.
- I took macrobid for 5 days.On the second day I noticed my throat getting sore then it became hoarse and by the next morning I had lost it. That was last Wednesday I still have virtually no voice. Also I have noticed an increasing depression although I am taking my wellbutrin regularly.
Before I too ...
- 33 weeks pregnant and my ob says i.am.testing positive for barbiturates . the only thing I have taken is the macrobid (nitrofurnatin) that he prescribede . is it possible for the macrobid to.show up as barbiturates? 5 positive urine tests i have to figure this out...
- I have never had any real joint stiffness, so I noticed immediately that to joints have become very stiff on my less dominant hand on day 4 of my 7 day treatment plan with Macrobid 100 mg. I hope once treatment is complete this will resolve itself. I haven't found this side effect listed for Macr ...
- I finished my macrobid on friday. Today i got a cough that felt like a tickle in the back of my throat or had gotten unhealthy in my lungs..then also remembered i have been hoarse an loosing my voice for a couple of days now. The tickle feeling is constant. I keep drinking water or something cold to ...
More related studies for: Macrobid, Clostridium difficile colitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.