Review: could Macrobid cause Fever?
Summary: Fever is found among people who take Macrobid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Levaquin, and have Urinary tract infection.
We study 3,018 people who have side effects while taking Macrobid from FDA and social media. Among them, 226 have Fever. Find out below who they are, when they have Fever and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Macrobid and have Fever >>>
Macrobid has active ingredients of nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Macrobid 3,446 users)
Fever has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain.(latest reports from Fever 168,332 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 3,016 people reported to have side effects when taking Macrobid. Among them, 226 people (7.49%) have Fever.
Time on Macrobid when people have Fever * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fever when taking Macrobid * :
Age of people who have Fever when taking Macrobid * :
Severity of Fever when taking Macrobid ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fever ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Urinary tract infection (37 people, 16.37%)
- Crohn's disease (14 people, 6.19%)
- Pain (14 people, 6.19%)
- Multiple myeloma (12 people, 5.31%)
- Cystitis (11 people, 4.87%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levaquin (43 people, 19.03%)
- Paxil (30 people, 13.27%)
- Potassium chloride (29 people, 12.83%)
- Prednisone (28 people, 12.39%)
- Aspirin (27 people, 11.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fever while taking Macrobid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Macrobid and have Fever
- support group for people who take Macrobid
- support group for people who have Fever
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Interactions between quineprox (hydroxychloroquine) &zyvox (linezolid)
I had foot soft tissue infection and hospitalized for two days and given IV for Cipro. Then I was released from the hospital and given Zyvox 600MG twice a day for ten days. Meanwhile, I am taking 2000 MG cellcept and 400MG Hydroxychloriquine for more than 10 years to control my lupus. Around the sixth days I had horrible joint pain for my whole body ans swollen on my hands and foot. I spoke to doctor, doctor said I should finish my zyvox doses since my foot infection does not cure yet. Then after two days I stopped the ZYvox, my joint pain getting better and swollen figers getting better but I feel headache and has fever. After surfing the internet, I found the interactions between hydroxychloroquine and the Zyvox could cause "The risk of peripheral neuropathy may be increased during concurrent use of two or more agents that are associated with this adverse effect. Patient risk factors include diabetesand age older than 60 years. In some cases, the neuropathy may progress or become irreversible despite discontinuation of the medications". I stooped taking Zyvox now, however, I am still taking my hydroxchloroquine and need to continue maybe life long. My appintment with my Rheumatologist is a month later. My pcp and Podiatrist seem have no idea about the interactions between the two medications. I would like to find out if I continue take hdroxycholoroquin, though I stopped the Zvox will still harm my nerv system? Should I stop taking Hydroxycholoroquine? How do I treat my headache and fever? Thanks
- What effect if i take dexamethasone and cyproheptedine?
i take paracetamol 500 mg with chloroperamine (copastin),and some medicine related tu flue. i have some problem with my nose and i take fedac.
- Can i take my macrobid while i have a hangover? is it safe?
Help me please! I really need to know if I can take my pill (macrobid) when I have a hangover
- I used to masturbate a lot.but i have no bad habbits other than that.i am diagnised with tb.its cured nw.i dont know the xact reason y i got tb?.if its due to over masturbation will it affect marriage
TB is cured.But still i have many side effects.My hands used to shake a bit,bones are weak,ma chest used to pain not often.But i m not feeling any tiredness.Will it affect ma marriage lyf.will i give birth to a child
- Why is moxam 400 prescribed?
I had fever and kind of viral past Monday 25th Nov2013), I took pain killers, ciprofloxasin as medicine for cure for 5 days dosage. BUT I use to get the fever mostly after 4pm daily and morning would be not that brash.
My CBC, MP, Urine Regular, Vidal and lung x-rays are clear. I have been given MT to avoid possibility of tuberculosis.
My concern is, what this drug is prescribed for? My TB patch is showing swelling does that mean I have TB? If my TB test fail then what are other possible causes of evening fever?
I also take Etizolam upto 2-4 mg to avoid hyper anxiety conditions.
Thanks in advance and appreciate your valuable help, time and suggestions
More questions for: Macrobid, Fever
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hand foot mouth disease
My illness was not recognized at first.
So I was given some prednisolone and other drugs.
During that time I had a joint pain and it was recovered. But after 5 months i suffered from this joint pain again and I'm suffering from this joint pain still now.I don't understand whether there is an connection between the HFMD and this joint pain
More reviews for: Macrobid, Fever
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- started on 15th Sep2014 with mild Fever, running/congested nose, body ache.
Diagnoised as Thypoid on 29Sep 2014, took cefixime+afloxacin tablet for three days.
Moved on to Ciproflaxcin I V, then Afloxacin, after all these no improvement found.
Now increased fever 102'F, heavy body pain, chilled p ...
- Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms conti ...
- Began 3 weeks ago with congestion and coughing. Nausea followed, then fever and sinus pressure. Allodynia is the most recent symptom. Has a history of shingles, however the pain has lasted more than 5 days without any blistering or rashes.
- History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
More related studies for: Macrobid, Fever
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.