Macrobid and Fever - from FDA reports
Fever is found among people who take Macrobid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Levaquin, and have Urinary tract infection. This review analyzes which people have Fever with Macrobid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,574 people who have side effects when taking Macrobid from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 29, 2017
4,574 people reported to have side effects when taking Macrobid.
Among them, 306 people (6.69%) have Fever
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Macrobid when people have Fever *:
- < 1 month: 95.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 1.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 1.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fever when taking Macrobid *:
- female: 86 %
- male: 14 %
Age of people who have Fever when taking Macrobid *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 3.66 %
- 20-29: 1.63 %
- 30-39: 10.16 %
- 40-49: 20.73 %
- 50-59: 17.89 %
- 60+: 45.93 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Urinary Tract Infection (83 people, 27.12%)
- Pain (19 people, 6.21%)
- Crohn's Disease (16 people, 5.23%)
- Depression (15 people, 4.90%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (14 people, 4.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Levaquin (47 people, 15.36%)
- Lasix (35 people, 11.44%)
- Prednisone (32 people, 10.46%)
- Paxil (32 people, 10.46%)
- Zometa (27 people, 8.82%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chills (91 people, 29.74%)
- Nausea (86 people, 28.10%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (81 people, 26.47%)
- Weakness (72 people, 23.53%)
- Fatigue (72 people, 23.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fever when taking Macrobid?
Macrobid has active ingredients of nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Macrobid 5,266 users)
Fever has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 253,989 Fever patients).