Home > Macrobid > Muscle spasms > Macrobid and Muscle spasms
Review: could Macrobid cause Muscle spasms?
Summary: Muscle spasms is found among people who take Macrobid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Levaquin, and have Gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
We study 3,016 people who have side effects while taking Macrobid from FDA and social media. Among them, 53 have Muscle spasms. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle spasms and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Macrobid and have Muscle spasms >>>
Macrobid (latest outcomes from 3,445 users) has active ingredients of nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) (latest reports from 55,745 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 3,016 people reported to have side effects when taking Macrobid. Among them, 53 people (1.76%) have Muscle Spasms.
Time on Macrobid when people have Muscle spasms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle spasms||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Macrobid * :
|Muscle spasms||90.38%||9.62% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Macrobid * :
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.50%||2.50%||27.50%||12.50%||55.00% |
Severity of Muscle spasms when taking Macrobid ** :
How people recovered from Muscle spasms ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (15 people, 28.30%)
- Pain (14 people, 26.42%)
- Depression (13 people, 24.53%)
- Urinary tract infection (13 people, 24.53%)
- Osteoarthritis (12 people, 22.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levaquin (22 people, 41.51%)
- Nexium (18 people, 33.96%)
- Protonix (16 people, 30.19%)
- Singulair (15 people, 28.30%)
- Ambien (15 people, 28.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Spasms while taking Macrobid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Macrobid and have Muscle Spasms
- support group for people who take Macrobid
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take my macrobid while i have a hangover? is it safe?
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has UTI, and takes Macrobid)
Help me please! I really need to know if I can take my pill (macrobid) when I have a hangover
- What causes liver abnormalities?
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has SI Joint Dysfunction, Herniated Disks, Muscle Spasms, Nerve Pain, and takes Pamelor, Motrin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Tylenol, Flexeril)
I have been on Motrin and Flexeril for over 10 years for Sciatica.I was just told that my Liver levels came back abnormal. Are the medications the culprit?
- Should i take activella 1/.5 for menapause symptoms? i have tachycardia and a strong family history of heart disease and problems.
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Menapause, Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Prednisone, Cardizem, Ventolin, Metformin, Claritin, Macrobid, Dulera, Zanaflex, Actemra, Vitamin D, Edta)
I am trying to decide if I should take Activella 1/.5 for treatment of Menapause symptoms that are driving me nuts. I have been struggling with hot flashes and night sweats along with dryness, and difficulty sleeping. My doctor told me that since I am 48 and already about a year into this that tre ...
- Muscle spasms and other things when taking lexapro
(Asked by a 30 year old woman who has Muscle Spasms, Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Tremors, and takes Lexapro)
I am a 29 years old female. I went to see a psychiatrist because I felt depressed. I had never been to a psychiatrist before nor taken drugs for depression. He made me a prescription for Lexapro. I started taking 7,5mg a day as prescribed. This is only my fourth day and I have experienced mild hallu ...
- Can macrobid cause pain in the lymph nodes in neck on one side
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Macrobid)
More questions for: Macrobid, Muscle spasms
More reviews for: Macrobid, Muscle spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem, Keppra, Prilosec, Nucynta, Savella for a patient with Insomnia, Epilepsy, Heartburn, Migraine, Neuropathy - Peripheral. The patient has Abdominal Pain Lower, Muscle Sprain, Muscle Spasms, Low Back Pain
Comments: Onset of symptoms started on third day of Savella Titration pack. Immediately stopped medicine (had the 3rd day am dose) by midday spasms and back pain severe, by 6pm unable to walk due to extreme pain. Sent to ER, no response to pain medicine, finally muscle relaxer allowed me to walk again. Sent h ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 10, Ritalin, Bitter Orange, Ginseng, Panax, Caffeine Anhydrous, Losartan for a patient with Narcolepsy, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Muscle Spasms
Comments: ***comments for Modafinil only***
I do not mix my meds. I take only 1 med a day however it is prescribed. The Adderall and or Ritalin only last 3 or 4 hours and it's not worth taking. I've been on the natural supplements all my life and except for occasional kidney discomfort I have been thankful t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Flonase, Progesterone, Premarin, Atelvia for a patient with Osteoporosis, Allergies, Menopausal Symptoms, Osteoporosis Post-menopausal. The patient has Muscle Spasms
Comments: trying to determine if muscle spasms related to atelvia. had parathyroidectomy in November 2013 to correct hypercalcemia and hyperparathyroidism. levels after surgery returned to normal then atelvia started.
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Ambien, Fioricet W/ Codeine, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Metformin, Onglyza, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Benicar Hct, Metoprolol Succinate for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Complicated Migraine, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Vitamin D Abnormal, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Hypertension. The patient has Painful Response To Normal Stimuli, Depression Aggravated, Aggression Aggravated, Muscle Spasms, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Recently Dxd w/ toxic multinodular goiter/hyperthyroidism. Fibromyalgia for 20+ years. Had to titrate off Savella 100 mg. BID due to hyperthyroidism. Now all above symptoms have worsened. Because thyroid blood work was in normal range ( although I had been on low iodine diet for 2 months, which shou ...
- A study of side effects of Depo-medrol for a patient with Infusion Site Nerve Damage. The patient has Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction)
Comments: 17 year old daughter had a depo-medrol shot in right foot, after an hour of receiving shot she got a spasm that went from her foot all the way to her lower back, and has had the backache and spasm now for 3 days. Doctor told me that the shot had nothing to do with it.... I beg to differ!!! my daugh ...
More related studies for: Macrobid, Muscle spasms
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.