Magnesium sulfate and Irritable bowel syndrome - from FDA reports
Irritable bowel syndrome is found among people who take Magnesium Sulfate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Ambien, and have Emphysema . We study 8,247 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium sulfate from FDA. Among them, 21 have Irritable bowel syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritable bowel syndrome and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Magnesium sulfate has active ingredients of magnesium sulfate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Magnesium sulfate 8,675 users)
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 22,700 Irritable bowel syndrome patients).
On Feb, 01, 2017
8,247 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium Sulfate.
Among them, 21 people (0.25%) have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Irritable Bowel Syndrome when taking Magnesium Sulfate *:
- female: 90.48 %
- male: 9.52 %
Age of people who have Irritable Bowel Syndrome when taking Magnesium Sulfate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 15 %
- 60+: 55 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Emphysema (5 people, 23.81%)
- High Blood Pressure (4 people, 19.05%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (4 people, 19.05%)
- Swelling (2 people, 9.52%)
- Multiple Myeloma (2 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ambien (9 people, 42.86%)
- Xanax (8 people, 38.10%)
- Vicodin (7 people, 33.33%)
- Protonix (6 people, 28.57%)
- Lasix (6 people, 28.57%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (9 people, 42.86%)
- Arrhythmias (9 people, 42.86%)
- Oedema Peripheral (8 people, 38.10%)
- Insomnia (8 people, 38.10%)
- Breathing Difficulty (8 people, 38.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Magnesium sulfate?
- Check symptoms - is irritable bowel syndrome caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Magnesium sulfatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Irritable bowel syndromeIrritable bowel syndrome
Could your condition cause Irritable bowel syndromeIrritable bowel syndrome
Can you answer these questions?
A bad fall in 2006. Required pain management MRIS, numerous tests and a cervical and lumbar surgery in 2007 to correct. Two Rear end car accidents while I was at a stop light. One in 2011 and one in 2015. I already had spinal stenosis and degenerative disc desease genetically passed on. Problems ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I suffer from IBS and Fibromyalgia and COPD and Sciatica and find that some medication like some pain killers can cause me bouts of Diarrhea I do not like taking medication so try to take very little if I can