Review: could Magnesium oxide cause Deep vein thrombosis (Deep venous thrombosis)?
Summary: Deep vein thrombosis is found among people who take Magnesium oxide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lasix, and have Prophylaxis.
We study 4,674 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium oxide from FDA and social media. Among them, 112 have Deep vein thrombosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Deep vein thrombosis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Magnesium oxide and have Deep vein thrombosis >>>
Magnesium oxide has active ingredients of magnesium. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from Magnesium oxide 4,775 users)
Deep vein thrombosis
Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis) has been reported by people with birth control, pain, multiple myeloma, premenstrual syndrome, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Deep vein thrombosis 42,666 patients)
On Dec, 21, 2014: 4,674 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium oxide. Among them, 112 people (2.40%) have Deep Vein Thrombosis.
Time on Magnesium oxide when people have Deep vein thrombosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Deep vein thrombosis||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Deep vein thrombosis when taking Magnesium oxide * :
|Deep vein thrombosis||60.75%||39.25% |
Age of people who have Deep vein thrombosis when taking Magnesium oxide * :
|Deep vein thrombosis||0.00%||0.00%||1.18%||9.41%||5.88%||31.76%||17.65%||34.12% |
Severity of Deep vein thrombosis when taking Magnesium oxide ** :
How people recovered from Deep vein thrombosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (17 people, 15.18%)
- Deep vein thrombosis (17 people, 15.18%)
- Diabetes mellitus (16 people, 14.29%)
- Hypertension (15 people, 13.39%)
- Pyrexia (14 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (49 people, 43.75%)
- Zometa (48 people, 42.86%)
- Aspirin (41 people, 36.61%)
- Oxycontin (39 people, 34.82%)
- Zantac (37 people, 33.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Deep Vein Thrombosis while taking Magnesium Oxide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Magnesium oxide and have Deep Vein Thrombosis
- support group for people who take Magnesium oxide
- support group for people who have Deep Vein Thrombosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can warfarin cause a weak fingerprint
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has DVT, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I had a deep vein thrombosis 3month's ago the doctor put me on warfarin the other day I have to go and renew my drivers licence and find out that my fingerprints is to weak. can the warfarin cause this problem
- Is it safe to take zofran and magnesium citrate?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Chronic Constipation, and takes Zofran, Magnesium Citrate)
Is it safe to take magnesium citrate for constipation and zofran?
- Safety of nattokinase
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Bleeding 4 Attacks, DVT, and takes Allopurinol, Warfarin Sodium)
tooth removed needed 5 f red blood cells and 4 of plasma
- Is plavix safe to take for deep veiw thrombois
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix)
I still end up with a blood clot to right leg I started up on lovenox for about10 years or more I was switched because I was told it was cheaper
- Effects of moringa on warfarin
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Dvt, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I am taking 11mg warfarin and find I have no energy. I am thinking of taking moringa, will this affect the warfarin?
More questions for: Magnesium oxide, Deep vein thrombosis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Hypoglycaemia Neonatal, and takes Latuda, Cymbalta, Lithium Carbonate, Lamotrigine, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Coenzyme Q - 10, Magnesium)
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
- Will axiron affect my epilepsy?
(Posted by a 19 year old girl who has Frontal Lobe Epilepsy, and takes Magnesium)
I am an ftm (female to male) transgender and I am a little nervous starting my hormone stage. I was wondering if Axiron will affect my epilepsy.
- Dilantin and interactions
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Arrhythmia, Epilepsy, Hypothyroid, and takes Vitamin D, Magnesium, Coreg, Dilantin, Synthroid)
I've taken Dilantin for over 40 years..seizure free for over 30 years..became hypothyroid 10 years ago..B12 deficient approximately 3 years ago and have had a benign arrhythmia for over 30 years. I take magnesium because it seems to hep the arrhythmia and vitamin d because mine is low normal.
- Rigors with pulmonary embolism
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism)
I was recently diagnosed with DVT in my right lower leg and pulmonary embolism and hospitalized. .I am now on Warfarin.A week earlier, I experienced severe chills ( rigors) and pain in my right lung.I ignored it as a " virus".As it turns out, I was actually having a pulmonary embolism .If anyone h ...
More reviews for: Magnesium oxide, Deep vein thrombosis
- A study of drug interactions between Androgel, Actonel, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Zyprexa, Trazodone Hydrochloride, PRISTIQ, Uloric, Lisinopril, Zonegran for a patient with Blood Testosterone Increased, Osteopenia, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine Without Aura, Depression, Gout - Chronic. The patient has Ligament Injury
Comments: Could be coincidence, since I have been on this list I have required surgery to repair the Scapho-lunate ligament in my wrist and now I have a hernia on my right side. Are any of these meds contributors?
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Magnesium, Garlic, Fish Oil, Topamax for a patient with Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Sleep Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine. The patient has Osteoporosis, Swelling Of A Joint, Face Pain, Migraine, Fatigue, Dizziness
Comments: My celiac panel was very abnormal except for IGA which was normal. However I do not have GI symptoms. I have dizziness and light- headed ness. When I eliminated topamax the symptoms resolved. I wonder if topamax caused the blood work abnormality? I have taken it for 10 years?
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Spironolactone, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Cabbage, Broccoli, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Vitamin D, Saw Palmetto, Chelated Magnesium, Potassium Iodide, Iodine, Armour Thyroid, Calcium D - Glucarate for a patient with Depression, Diuretic Effect, Anxiety Disorder, Hormone Level Abnormal, Estrogen Balance, Joint Range Of Motion Decreased, Vitamin D Decreased, Dihydrotestosterone Increased, Relax Smooth Muscle, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Thyroid Disorder, Hypothyroidism, Estrogen Dominance. The patient has Melanosis Coli
Comments: Also utilizing testosterone pellet therapy for low testosterone. Had colonoscopy today, gastroenterologist said melanosis of colon could be from drinking herbal tea. Everything I have read relates to laxative abuse, senna use etc. Do not use laxatives and the only herbal tea I drink is a roibus t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Magnesium Oxide, Aspirin, Valerian, Onfi, Vimpat for a patient with Hair Skin And Nails, Magnesium Deficiency, Stroke - Hemorrhagic, Epilepsy. The patient has Tonic Seizures, Complex Partial Seizures Exacerbated
Comments: Also has the VNS Implant, however since the last time they messed around with the medication the seizures are uncontrolled... they are happening weekly & sometimes daily. I just want my nursing career and my life back!!!
- A study of drug interactions between Armour Thyroid, Testosterone, Magnesium, Diethylpropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Hormone Imbalance, Muscle Cramps, Weight Loss - Intentional. The patient has Bloating, Constipation
Comments: I'm not sure if it is the magnesium or the Diethylpropion but the symptoms started when I upped my dosage on the Diethylpropion and started taking magnesium. I am actually taking Nature-throid but would not come up on list
More related studies for: Magnesium oxide, Deep vein thrombosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.