Review: could Magnesium oxide cause Dry mouth?
Summary: Dry mouth is found among people who take Magnesium oxide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Spiriva, and have Smoking cessation therapy.
We study 4,674 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium oxide from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Magnesium oxide and have Dry mouth >>>
Magnesium oxide has active ingredients of magnesium. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from Magnesium oxide 4,775 users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Dry mouth 30,429 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 4,674 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium oxide. Among them, 15 people (0.32%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Magnesium oxide when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Magnesium oxide * :
|Dry mouth||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Magnesium oxide * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00%||20.00%||33.33%||40.00% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Magnesium oxide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||66.67%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (5 people, 33.33%)
- Constipation (4 people, 26.67%)
- Emphysema (4 people, 26.67%)
- Diabetes mellitus (4 people, 26.67%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Spiriva (6 people, 40.00%)
- Chantix (5 people, 33.33%)
- Ipratropium bromide (5 people, 33.33%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (5 people, 33.33%)
- Nicotrol (5 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Magnesium Oxide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Magnesium oxide and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Magnesium oxide
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can penicillin cause dry mouth
I have been feeling run down then came down with bad
Tonsillitis since taki g penicillin my mum is really dry why?
- Is it safe to take zofran and magnesium citrate?
Is it safe to take magnesium citrate for constipation and zofran?
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one year so I offered to do there (the pain clinic) plan with a happy heart just after my liver stuff was done. So I went to LA only to find that the liver lab spent just 2 minutes with me to tell me that since I'VE have to wait a new liver drug to be approved I must do the pain clinic. So in six weeks I went from 200mg (5x4 per day) of methidone to 40mg (1 tab x 4 per day), and in just one week it was Oxycodone 40mg x 4 per day to 0. And all of this isij happening my liver gets more serroscised.
- What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- Does enalapril cause dry mouth
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
More questions for: Magnesium oxide, Dry mouth
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia (1 response)
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
- Will axiron affect my epilepsy?
I am an ftm (female to male) transgender and I am a little nervous starting my hormone stage. I was wondering if Axiron will affect my epilepsy.
- Dilantin and interactions
I've taken Dilantin for over 40 years..seizure free for over 30 years..became hypothyroid 10 years ago..B12 deficient approximately 3 years ago and have had a benign arrhythmia for over 30 years. I take magnesium because it seems to hep the arrhythmia and vitamin d because mine is low normal.
More reviews for: Magnesium oxide, Dry mouth
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I take 25 mg Atenolol and 250 mg magnesium citrate sometimes at same time. I was recently diagnosed with afib and had a TIA. Could combining atenolol and magnesium cause this. My doctors and pharmacist are aware I take both of these, but have made no comments about an interaction. I did find info o ...
- These are some of the problems I am experiencing. It seems like my dosage is too high, however if I do not take more than 60mg at a time then the Vyvanse has no affect on me whatsoever. I am most concerned about waking up to catch my breath every 30 seconds at night. I was prescribed Adderrall throu ...
- The lesions on face are like zits but not acne. They swell and pulsate and ooze throughout the day and have hard white or yellow waxy pits in them when popped. They respond to calamine lotion somewhat but have not gone away in 6 months, always occurring in the same place. From ear to ear under the j ...
- I can't seem to overcome the dry mouth. I have tried rinses,and certain toothpaste and rinses,sugarless candies.Only thing that is helpful at all is sugarless gum. It is from the morning I wake up to going to bed,just so hard to get saliva and swallow
- Could be coincidence, since I have been on this list I have required surgery to repair the Scapho-lunate ligament in my wrist and now I have a hernia on my right side. Are any of these meds contributors?
More related studies for: Magnesium oxide, Dry mouth
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.