Review: could Magnesium oxide cause Dry mouth?
Summary: Dry mouth is found among people who take Magnesium oxide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Spiriva, and have Quit smoking.
We study 4,680 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium oxide from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Magnesium oxide and have Dry mouth >>>
Magnesium oxide has active ingredients of magnesium. It is often used in hypomagnesemia. (latest outcomes from 4,782 Magnesium oxide users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 30,856 Dry mouth patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 4,680 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium oxide. Among them, 15 people (0.32%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Magnesium oxide when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Magnesium oxide * :
|Dry mouth||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Magnesium oxide * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00%||20.00%||33.33%||40.00% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Magnesium oxide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||66.67%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (5 people, 33.33%)
- Constipation (4 people, 26.67%)
- Emphysema (4 people, 26.67%)
- Diabetes mellitus (4 people, 26.67%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Spiriva (6 people, 40.00%)
- Chantix (5 people, 33.33%)
- Ipratropium bromide (5 people, 33.33%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (5 people, 33.33%)
- Nicotrol (5 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of magnesium oxide and dry mouth on
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Magnesium Oxide?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Magnesium oxide and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Magnesium oxide
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Augmentin '875' for a 29-year old woman with Sinusitis. The patient has Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Fish Oil, Esomeprazole Magnesium for a 43-year old woman with Magnesium - Low, Dry Eye, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Meclizine, Restoril, Magnesium Glycinate, Flexeril, Calcium Carbonate, Calcitriol, Synthroid, Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman with Nausea, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Hypoparathyroidism Secondary, Muscle Spasticity, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Pain. The patient has Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium Oxide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Lorazepam, Sucralfate for a 51-year old woman with Lower Blood Pressure, Heart Rate Increased, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Gastric Ulcer. The patient has Hot Flushes
Recent Magnesium oxide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Lamictal, Magnesium Carbonate for a 46-year old man who has Focal Epilepsy
- Comparions of Magnesium Oxide, Advicor for a 56-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Magnesium Chloride, Meclizine Hydrochloride, , Tricor, Adderall 30 for a 66-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Flexeril, Magnesium Oxide, Dilantin, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman who has Epilepsy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.