Home > Magnesium oxide > Dry mouth > Magnesium oxide and Dry mouth
Review: could Magnesium oxide cause Dry mouth?
We study 4,674 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium oxide from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Magnesium oxide and have Dry mouth >>>
Magnesium oxide (latest outcomes from 4,775 users) has active ingredients of magnesium. It is often used in hypomagnesemia.
Dry mouth (latest reports from 200,680 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 4,674 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium oxide. Among them, 15 people (0.32%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Magnesium oxide when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Magnesium oxide * :
|Dry mouth||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Magnesium oxide * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00%||20.00%||33.33%||40.00% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Magnesium oxide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||66.67%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (5 people, 33.33%)
- Constipation (4 people, 26.67%)
- Emphysema (4 people, 26.67%)
- Diabetes mellitus (4 people, 26.67%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Spiriva (6 people, 40.00%)
- Chantix (5 people, 33.33%)
- Ipratropium bromide (5 people, 33.33%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (5 people, 33.33%)
- Nicotrol (5 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Magnesium Oxide?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Magnesium oxide and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Magnesium oxide
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
I came to your website searching for information and answers with regards to neck pain and doxycycline hyclate. I took it in a very low/non-antibiotic form (Oracea) for about 2 1/2 years; after about a month of stopping it, the neck pain disappeared. At the time, I attributed the pain cessation to some natural supplements (turmeric, coq10, omegas 3,6,9) I had coincidentally begun taking. I was pain free for about a year until last week when i began taking doxycyline hyclate (for acne rosacea). Within 3 days, the neck pain returned. I stopped taking it and drew the conclusion between the 2 doxy meds. It has been 4 days and i am in worse pain. It has also traveled down my back and left arm. I hope this helps with your study, and I hope and pray somebody is able to find a treatment soon! I was so upset when i scrolled down to the "treatment" section and it said "n/a."
eHealthMe support on May, 16, 2012:
Thank you! Please come back later for any alleviation methods for neck pain in doxycycline hyclate use.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Magnesium oxide, Dry mouth
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
- Will axiron affect my epilepsy?
I am an ftm (female to male) transgender and I am a little nervous starting my hormone stage. I was wondering if Axiron will affect my epilepsy.
- Dilantin and interactions
I've taken Dilantin for over 40 years..seizure free for over 30 years..became hypothyroid 10 years ago..B12 deficient approximately 3 years ago and have had a benign arrhythmia for over 30 years. I take magnesium because it seems to hep the arrhythmia and vitamin d because mine is low normal.
More reviews for: Magnesium oxide, Dry mouth
On eHealthMe, Magnesium Oxide (magnesium) is often used for constipation. Find out below the conditions Magnesium Oxide is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Magnesium Oxide used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (46 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (46 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Zinc Sulphate Turbidity Decreased
- Retroperitoneal Fibrosis