Home > Magnesium oxide > Rhabdomyolysis > Magnesium oxide and Rhabdomyolysis
Review: could Magnesium oxide cause Rhabdomyolysis?
Summary: Rhabdomyolysis is found among people who take Magnesium oxide, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Rohypnol, and have Hyperlipidaemia.
We study 4,674 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium oxide from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Rhabdomyolysis. Find out below who they are, when they have Rhabdomyolysis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Magnesium oxide and have Rhabdomyolysis >>>
Magnesium oxide (latest outcomes from 4,775 users) has active ingredients of magnesium. It is often used in hypomagnesemia.
Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down) (latest reports from 181,222 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, hyperlipidaemia, high blood pressure, depression, ill-defined disorder.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 4,674 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium oxide. Among them, 38 people (0.81%) have Rhabdomyolysis.
Time on Magnesium oxide when people have Rhabdomyolysis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Rhabdomyolysis when taking Magnesium oxide * :
Age of people who have Rhabdomyolysis when taking Magnesium oxide * :
Severity of Rhabdomyolysis when taking Magnesium oxide ** :
How people recovered from Rhabdomyolysis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hyperlipidaemia (9 people, 23.68%)
- Insomnia (9 people, 23.68%)
- Pain (8 people, 21.05%)
- Schizophrenia (7 people, 18.42%)
- Constipation (6 people, 15.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Rohypnol (13 people, 34.21%)
- Lasix (13 people, 34.21%)
- Risperidone (9 people, 23.68%)
- Warfarin sodium (8 people, 21.05%)
- Gasmotin (8 people, 21.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rhabdomyolysis while taking Magnesium Oxide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Magnesium oxide and have Rhabdomyolysis
- support group for people who take Magnesium oxide
- support group for people who have Rhabdomyolysis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it safe to take zofran and magnesium citrate?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Chronic Constipation, and takes Zofran, Magnesium Citrate)
Is it safe to take magnesium citrate for constipation and zofran?
- Can a person with hear problems that took lyrica have sudden death
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Rhabdomyolysis, and takes Lyrica)
my husband took lyrica in dec 2007 swelled up the md prescribed more and he died suddenly on March 17 2008 i wrote to pfziers legal department for answers as they directed me and i never heard from them.
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has Hepatitis C, and takes Levorphanol Tartrate, Eszopiclone, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, Spironolactone, Magnesium Oxide, Escitalopram Oxalate, Omeprazole, Lactulose, Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine)
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
- What medications cause hair loss
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Hair Loss, and takes Gabapentin, Lisinopril, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ambien Cr, Multivitamin, Acebutolol Hydrochloride, Lorazepam, Omeprazole, Magnesium, Vitamin D, Remeron)
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- Can i use marijuana to help my rhabdomyolysis
(Asked by a 31 year old man who has Rhabdomyolysis, and takes Marijuana)
when i use marijuana it held me to used the bathroom everyday and when i stop my cpk go up and when i use marijuana it go down
More questions for: Magnesium oxide, Rhabdomyolysis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Hypoglycaemia Neonatal, and takes Latuda, Cymbalta, Lithium Carbonate, Lamotrigine, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Coenzyme Q - 10, Magnesium)
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
- Lyrica caused my kidneys to shut down
(Posted by a 38 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Neuropathy, Rhabdomyolysis, and takes Lyrica)
I was on Lyrica for 6 weeks and it almost killed me. I was so weak at the end that my daughter had to help me get out of bed go to the bathroom. I gained 22 lbs in 10 days. I gained over 40 lbs in 6 weeks. My ankles and feet were so swollen that the skin was starting to break open. I was in and out ...
- Avelox with prednisone and nabumetome = disaster
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has Vasculitis, Rhabdomyolysis, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Avelox, Prednisone, Nabumetone)
I was prescribed that combination of drugs in January 2013 when I went to my family doctor with a bad chest congestion and painful knees. After starting on the drugs, I got a severely painful neck and thumb and noticed some tingling in my left foot. I took the whole course of the avelox and predniso ...
- Will axiron affect my epilepsy?
(Posted by a 19 year old girl who has Frontal Lobe Epilepsy, and takes Magnesium)
I am an ftm (female to male) transgender and I am a little nervous starting my hormone stage. I was wondering if Axiron will affect my epilepsy.
- Dilantin and interactions
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Arrhythmia, Epilepsy, Hypothyroid, and takes Vitamin D, Magnesium, Coreg, Dilantin, Synthroid)
I've taken Dilantin for over 40 years..seizure free for over 30 years..became hypothyroid 10 years ago..B12 deficient approximately 3 years ago and have had a benign arrhythmia for over 30 years. I take magnesium because it seems to hep the arrhythmia and vitamin d because mine is low normal.
More reviews for: Magnesium oxide, Rhabdomyolysis
- A study of drug interactions between Lactulose, Bromhexine Hydrochloride, Codeine, Paracetamol, Temazepam, Magnesium Aspartate, Metformin, Aspirin, Telmisartan; Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Constipation, Coughing Up Blood, Cough, Headache, Insomnia, Cramps - Leg, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cardiac Infection, Hypertension. The patient has Conjunctival Pallor, Oxygen Saturation Decreased, Vomiting, Anaemia Folate Deficiency, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Paleness, Chest Pain, Back Pain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Coughing Up Blood, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Eplerenone, Digoxin, Magnesium, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Minoxidil, Clonidine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Jantoven, Lovastatin for a patient with High Arch, Atrial Fibrillation, Low Blood Magnesium, Low Blood Potassium, Hypertension, Fluid Retention, Cholesterosis. The patient has Asthenia, Numbness And Tingling, Disorientation, Muscle Weakness Aggravated, Shortness Of Breath, Fatigue
Comments: This has been a problem for well over a year now! it does not seem to be getting any better.
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone, Iron Dextran, Aspirin, Magnesium, Lipitor, Prozac, Diovan Hct, Proscar, Allopurinol for a patient with Knee Pain, Ace Levels, Health, Calcium Level - Low - Infants, Arteriosclerosis, Depression, Blood Pressure, Prostate Examination Abnormal, Kidney Stones. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
Comments: Triggered when I play golf when the temp is above 78-80 degrees.
- A study of drug interactions between Aloe Vera, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Cod Liver Oil, Magnesium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Soya, Oil Of Evening Primrose, Vitamin E, Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Co-codamol for a patient with Enzyme Supplementation, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Vanadyl Sulphate, Pms. The patient has Reflux
Comments: I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if something hasn't been swallowed properly. THE LUMp is not present all the time but I am very aware of it when it's there.
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Omega 3, Vitamin C, Meloxicam, Folic Acid, Lipitor, Metformin, Celexa, Wellbutrin, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Digoxin, Eliquis for a patient with Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, High Blood Cholesterol, Immunity, Arthritis, Folic Acid (folate), High Blood Sugar, Depression, High Blood Pressure, A-fib. The patient has Post-menopausal Bleeding
Comments: I have post menopausal bleeding after starting eliquis
More related studies for: Magnesium oxide, Rhabdomyolysis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Muscle Fasciculation and Prevacid
- Urticaria and Ibuprofen
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (8 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (11 hours ago)
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (21 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Coumadin for a 26-year old woman who has Blood Clots (34 minutes ago)
- Prevacid, Fluoxetine, Aspirin, Evista, Carvedilol for a 80-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Depression, Heart Rate Increased, Osteopetrosis, Blood Pressure Increased (36 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Coumadin for a 26-year old woman who has Migraine, Depression, Blood Clots (38 minutes ago)