Review: could Magnesium oxide cause Stool softener needs (Constipation)?
Summary: Stool softener needs is found among people who take Magnesium oxide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Constipation.
We study 4,680 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium oxide from FDA and social media. Among them, 189 have Stool softener needs. Find out below who they are, when they have Stool softener needs and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Magnesium oxide and have Stool softener needs >>>
Magnesium oxide has active ingredients of magnesium. It is often used in hypomagnesemia. (latest outcomes from 4,781 Magnesium oxide users)
Stool softener needs
Stool softener needs has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 80,434 Stool softener needs patients)
On Mar, 21, 2015: 4,680 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium oxide. Among them, 189 people (4.04%) have Stool Softener Needs.
Time on Magnesium oxide when people have Stool softener needs * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stool softener needs||38.46%||38.46%||15.38%||0.00%||7.69%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stool softener needs when taking Magnesium oxide * :
|Stool softener needs||54.64%||45.36% |
Age of people who have Stool softener needs when taking Magnesium oxide * :
|Stool softener needs||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.75%||3.07%||2.45%||12.27%||75.46% |
Severity of Stool softener needs when taking Magnesium oxide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stool softener needs||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Stool softener needs ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stool softener needs||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Constipation (48 people, 25.40%)
- Multiple myeloma (39 people, 20.63%)
- Prophylaxis (28 people, 14.81%)
- Hypertension (23 people, 12.17%)
- Pyrexia (16 people, 8.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (65 people, 34.39%)
- Aspirin (60 people, 31.75%)
- Lasix (60 people, 31.75%)
- Oxycontin (59 people, 31.22%)
- Ambien (45 people, 23.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stool Softener Needs while taking Magnesium Oxide?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Magnesium oxide and have Stool Softener Needs
- support group for people who take Magnesium oxide
- support group for people who have Stool Softener Needs
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Vicodin for a 69-year old man with Pain - Back. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Escitalopram, Akineton, Risperidone for a 73-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Salivary Gland Mass, Restlessness, Weight Loss, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin for a 63-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder, Depression. The patient has Constipation
- A study of side effects of Magnesium for a 59-year old woman with Hypomagnesemia. The patient has Diarrhea
Recent Magnesium oxide related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Lamictal, Magnesium Carbonate for a 46-year old man who has Focal Epilepsy
- Comparions of Magnesium Oxide, Advicor for a 56-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Magnesium Chloride, Meclizine Hydrochloride, , Tricor, Adderall 30 for a 66-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Flexeril, Magnesium Oxide, Dilantin, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman who has Epilepsy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.