Home > Magnesium sulfate > Akathisia > Magnesium sulfate and Akathisia
Review: could Magnesium sulfate cause Akathisia?
Summary: Akathisia is reported only by a few people who take Magnesium sulfate.
We study 7,048 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium sulfate from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Akathisia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Akathisia >>>
Magnesium sulfate (latest outcomes from 7,294 users) has active ingredients of magnesium sulfate. It is often used in constipation.
Akathisia (a movement disorder characterized by a feeling of inner restlessness) (latest reports from 22,340 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, gastric disorder.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 7,048 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium sulfate. Among them, 1 people (0.01%) has Akathisia.
Time on Magnesium sulfate when people have Akathisia * :
Gender of people who have Akathisia when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
Age of people who have Akathisia when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
Severity of Akathisia when taking Magnesium sulfate ** :
How people recovered from Akathisia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hallucination, auditory (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multi-vitamin (1 people, 100.00%)
- Clozaril (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Akathisia while taking Magnesium Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Akathisia
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate
- support group for people who have Akathisia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does bcaa cause migraines?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has CFS, Migraines , and takes Cod Liver Oil, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C (ascorbic Acid), Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin B3, Selenium, Coenzyme Q10, Iron Dextran, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride)
I took 3 capsules of BCAA and within the next hour I developed a very aggressive migraine. Believing the migraine may have been separate to the tablets, I took another 3 capsules the next day and again within 1 hour I developed a very aggressive migraines. Has anyone had a similar adverse reactio ...
- I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Thrashing And Kicking Nightmares, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac, Ginkgo Biloba, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Potassium Chloride, Beta Glucans, Ashwagandha, Garlic Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin C, Coenzyme Q10, Ginseng, Melatonin, Salmon Oil, Slo-Niacin, Zinc Sulfate, Probiotic, Glycine, Grape Seed, Chromium Picolinate, SEANOL, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Multivitamin)
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
- How long do mood swings last from effexor withdrawal?
(Asked by a 19 year old girl who has Anxiety Disorder, and takes Fish Oil, Benadryl, Magnesium Sulfate)
I've been effexor since August 2012. Highest dose
Was 150mg for 6 weeks. It did nothing; in fact my anxiety
Got worse. Decided to cut dose in half to 75mg. Subsequently got
Bad withdrawals. Tapered for 6 months to 50mg.
I'm tapering very slowly. I hate the mood swings and zaps the
More questions for: Magnesium sulfate, Akathisia
More reviews for: Magnesium sulfate, Akathisia
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamins, Flonase, Fenofibrate, Niaspan, Lovaza, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Androgel, Bystolic, Nexium, Diovan for a patient with Low Magnesium, Fatigue, Post Nasal Drip, High Bloood Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Herpes Gestationis, Low Testosterone, Heart, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has
Comments: Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Lamictal, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Sweating - Excessive, Headache, Akathisia, Weight Gain
Comments: Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
- A study of drug interactions between Arixtra, Vagifem, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Spironolactone, Rapamune, Tacrolimus, Sodium Pentobarbital, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Omeprazole, Lorazepam, Furosemide, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Cozaar, Vitamin B12, Buspar, ASA for a patient with Blood Disorder, Vaginal Disorder, Low Level Of Vitamin D, Depression, Renal Failure - Chronic, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Seizure - Grand Mal, Cardiac Flutter, Hypokalaemia, Gerd, Post-traumatic Syndrome, Renal Failure Chronic/ Heart Failure, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Hypertension, Pre-existing Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Stent. The patient has
Comments: I have severe nausea, dizziness,headache, incontinence when taking Fondapariaux Sodium and Aritra have light headness, somnolence. I need to be on a anticoagulant because of stents just placed 6 months ago.
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Magnesium Sulfate, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Concerta, Celexa, Borage Seed Oil, Lamictal for a patient with Costochondritis, Add, Gad, Depression Suicidal, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Anti-inflammitory, Borderline Personality Disorder. The patient has
Comments: Not on borage seed oil. Would like to see it's interaction with meds I'm already on. I have pmdd, gad, ptsd, bpd, bipolar II, complex-ptsd, major depression, ocd, add, asthma and costocondritis. Allergic to pineapple and caffeine.
- A study of drug interactions between Iron Dextran, Symbicort, Calcium, Multivitamin, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Bactrim, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Iron Metabolism Disorder, Asthma, General Well Being, Cramps - Leg, Sinus Infection, Low Thyroid. The patient has Rls And Night Time Foot And Leg Cramps
Comments: Prior to taking Symbicort for asthma, I was on Advair and have been for as long as its been around. 10+years? Is Symbicort attributable to RLS? I am currently doing iron infusions x 5 over a 2 week period for low level iron @40. I was down to low level 5 in Oct, hospitalized with iron infusions. ...
More related studies for: Magnesium sulfate, Akathisia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.