Review: could Magnesium sulfate cause Aphasia (Speech impairment (adult))?
Summary: Aphasia is found among people who take Magnesium sulfate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Potassium chloride, and have Secondary progressive multiple sclerosis.
We study 7,051 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 53 have Aphasia. Find out below who they are, when they have Aphasia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Aphasia >>>
Magnesium sulfate has active ingredients of magnesium sulfate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Magnesium sulfate 7,296 users)
Aphasia (damage to the parts of the brain that control language) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Aphasia 31,170 patients)
On Dec, 20, 2014: 7,051 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium sulfate. Among them, 53 people (0.75%) have Aphasia.
Time on Magnesium sulfate when people have Aphasia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Aphasia when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
Age of people who have Aphasia when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
Severity of Aphasia when taking Magnesium sulfate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Aphasia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (7 people, 13.21%)
- Multiple sclerosis (5 people, 9.43%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 5.66%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (2 people, 3.77%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (2 people, 3.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Potassium chloride (16 people, 30.19%)
- Aspirin (11 people, 20.75%)
- Xanax (10 people, 18.87%)
- Nexium (9 people, 16.98%)
- Solu-medrol (8 people, 15.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Aphasia while taking Magnesium Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Aphasia
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate
- support group for people who have Aphasia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does bcaa cause migraines?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has CFS, Migraines , and takes Cod Liver Oil, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C (ascorbic Acid), Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin B3, Selenium, Coenzyme Q10, Iron Dextran, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride)
I took 3 capsules of BCAA and within the next hour I developed a very aggressive migraine. Believing the migraine may have been separate to the tablets, I took another 3 capsules the next day and again within 1 hour I developed a very aggressive migraines. Has anyone had a similar adverse reactio ...
- I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Thrashing And Kicking Nightmares, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac, Ginkgo Biloba, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Potassium Chloride, Beta Glucans, Ashwagandha, Garlic Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin C, Coenzyme Q10, Ginseng, Melatonin, Salmon Oil, Slo-Niacin, Zinc Sulfate, Probiotic, Glycine, Grape Seed, Chromium Picolinate, SEANOL, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Multivitamin)
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
- How long do mood swings last from effexor withdrawal?
(Asked by a 19 year old girl who has Anxiety Disorder, and takes Fish Oil, Benadryl, Magnesium Sulfate)
I've been effexor since August 2012. Highest dose
Was 150mg for 6 weeks. It did nothing; in fact my anxiety
Got worse. Decided to cut dose in half to 75mg. Subsequently got
Bad withdrawals. Tapered for 6 months to 50mg.
I'm tapering very slowly. I hate the mood swings and zaps the
- Cause of speech problems
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Dysarthria, Speech Impairment (adult), and takes Lansoprazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Flavoxate Hydrochloride)
Since starting on Lansoprazole, 18 months ago, my wife has acquired/developed a speech impairment which manifests itself as an inability to enunciate her chosen word i.e. she knows what word she wants to say but is unable to say it, e.g. she will say soos instead of shoes, pan instead of plan, and s ...
- Are my meds causing this constant tiredness
(Asked by a 87 year old man who has Aphasia, and takes Aricept, Namenda, Carvedilol, Pradaxa, Myrbetriq)
I am writing for my dad who started aricept lower dosage in December, 2012 and 23 mg. since March, 2013. He is constantly complaining about tiredness. He wakes up and has to lie down until he absolutely has to get up and get on with appointments. Also, he says he's not hungry, but when sitting down ...
More questions for: Magnesium sulfate, Aphasia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Stay away from lisinopril
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Dysarthria, and takes Lisinopril)
I move slowly and talk much slower than I used to. A friend of mine helped me find this site. I was taking 40mg of lisinopril for years when all of a sudden I had painful swelling in hands & feet which finally moved to my face. At that point I got scared and went to the E(mergency) R(oom) after I sa ...
- Can crestor cause vertigo?
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Pressure In Back Of Head, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue, Balance Disorder, Slurred Speech, Vertigo, and takes Topamax, Amlodipine Besylate)
I started taking Crestor in May of 2011. I had my first big "episode" in June.
Severe vertigo, loss of balance, slurred speech, fatigue, loss for words, tingling, numbness, pressure in back of head...
Didn't have all at once, but went to hospital via ambulance twice. Was first given 1000 mg of kep ...
More reviews for: Magnesium sulfate, Aphasia
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Ibuprofen, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a patient with Asthma, Migraines And Joint And Muscle Pain, Allergies. The patient has Aphasia
Comments: periodic/intermittent episodes of nominal aphasia. inability to recall names and words often used. sense of knowing the words but unable to retrieve them. episodes occur at random and vary in severity. no immediately obvious reasons nor any recent head traumas. rarely occurring moments where words d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Calcium Hydroxyapatite, Lamictal Xr, Actonel for a patient with Osteoporosis, Epilepsy. The patient has Dysphasia
Comments: Started about 6 months ago.
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamins, Flonase, Fenofibrate, Niaspan, Lovaza, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Androgel, Bystolic, Nexium, Diovan for a patient with Low Magnesium, Fatigue, Post Nasal Drip, High Bloood Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Herpes Gestationis, Low Testosterone, Heart, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has
Comments: Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Acyclovir, Dexamethasone, Velcade, Thalomid for a patient with Multiple Myeloma, Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Sudden Memory Loss
Comments: Many other drugs during Velcade weeks
- A study of side effects of Metformin for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Slurred Speech (slow speech that can be difficult to understand)
Comments: Feeling heavy dissnezz en slur speech
More related studies for: Magnesium sulfate, Aphasia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.