Review: could Magnesium sulfate cause Aphasia (Speech impairment (adult))?
Summary: Aphasia is found among people who take Magnesium sulfate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Potassium chloride, and have Secondary progressive multiple sclerosis.
We study 7,059 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 53 have Aphasia. Find out below who they are, when they have Aphasia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Aphasia >>>
Magnesium sulfate has active ingredients of magnesium sulfate. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from 7,306 Magnesium sulfate users)
Aphasia (damage to the parts of the brain that control language) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 31,331 Aphasia patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 7,059 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium sulfate. Among them, 53 people (0.75%) have Aphasia.
Time on Magnesium sulfate when people have Aphasia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Aphasia when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
Age of people who have Aphasia when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
Severity of Aphasia when taking Magnesium sulfate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Aphasia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (7 people, 13.21%)
- Multiple sclerosis (5 people, 9.43%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 5.66%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (2 people, 3.77%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (2 people, 3.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Potassium chloride (16 people, 30.19%)
- Aspirin (11 people, 20.75%)
- Xanax (10 people, 18.87%)
- Nexium (9 people, 16.98%)
- Solu-medrol (8 people, 15.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Magnesium sulfate and aphasia on
Do you have Aphasia while taking Magnesium Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Aphasia
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate
- support group for people who have Aphasia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between L-theanine, Gaba, Magnesium Carbonate, Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Risperdal for a 43-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Slurred Speech, Eyeball Rupture
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 57-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition. The patient has Inability To Speak (inability to speak (adult)), Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Head Discomfort, Disorientation (disability in which the senses of time, direction, and recognition of people and places)
- A study of drug interactions between Conjugated Linoleic Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Armour Thyroid, Wellbutrin Xl, Adderall 5, Adderall Xr 30 for a 40-year old woman with Weight Gain, Stress Symptoms, Cystic Acne, Hypothyroidism, Depression, Adhd. The patient has Weight Gain, Tiredness, Recurring Skin Boils
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Citrate, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Mirtazapine, Remeron, Remeron Soltab, Tryptophan for a 35-year old man with Sleep Lack Of (ptsd), In Conjunction With Remeron/mirtazapine To Block/prevent Nightmares, Lack Of Strength, Balance Disorder, Living Will, Depression. The patient has Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Weight Gain, Anxiety Disorder, Agitation, Vulnerable To Suggestion, Piss/crap Self, Abdominal Pain Lower, Hyperactive Sight, Smell And Sound Sensory, Slow Response To Stimuli, Blurred Vision, Black Outs/time Loss, Dizziness, Fainting, Pulmonary Embolism, Pulmonary Hypertension, Nightmares, Depression, Depression Suicidal, Suicidal Ideation, Poisoning
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate; Benazepril Hydrochloride for a 70-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Loss Of Balance, Slurred Speech (slow speech that can be difficult to understand)
Recent Magnesium sulfate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.