Review: could Magnesium sulfate cause Chest pain?
Summary: Chest pain is found among people who take Magnesium sulfate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Prophylaxis.
We study 7,051 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 252 have Chest pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Chest pain >>>
Magnesium sulfate has active ingredients of magnesium sulfate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Magnesium sulfate 7,296 users)
Chest pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Chest pain 136,288 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 7,048 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium sulfate. Among them, 252 people (3.58%) have Chest Pain.
Time on Magnesium sulfate when people have Chest pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest pain||86.67%||13.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Chest pain when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
|Chest pain||60.29%||39.71% |
Age of people who have Chest pain when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
|Chest pain||0.00%||0.41%||0.41%||6.53%||4.90%||25.71%||24.49%||37.55% |
Severity of Chest pain when taking Magnesium sulfate ** :
How people recovered from Chest pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (14 people, 5.56%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 5.16%)
- Multiple myeloma (10 people, 3.97%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (9 people, 3.57%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (9 people, 3.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (71 people, 28.17%)
- Lasix (66 people, 26.19%)
- Potassium chloride (60 people, 23.81%)
- Acetaminophen (52 people, 20.63%)
- Decadron (44 people, 17.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Ree (5 months ago):
I had IV magnesium for pain in recovery after coming out of theatre and to begin with was hot and had flushes. Then I'm not sure how fat into to infusion, I had chest pain, couldn't breathe, etc.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chest Pain while taking Magnesium Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Chest Pain
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate
- support group for people who have Chest Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can the use of triamcinolone ointment on the eyelids, nose, and side of mouth cause headache, uneven heartbeat and aura
Started noticing slight chest pain, small tension like headaches and auras after a year and half, did not apply everyday, maybe on average once ever week or two for a year and a half
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition? (1 answer)
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & the daily having to pluck hairs it's insane. I'm in fantastic shape(used to be double my weight & now I'm 100lbs), the best looking I've ever been with a incredibly good looking husband & a wonderful family. My issues seem to detour a lot of things & while I'm young I'd like to get this solved or some type of solution to even maintain myself, not looking for a miracle, but would really appreciate answers.
- Could the iud cause body pain nerevous,dizziness,confessing after about a year? (2 answers)
I was having a light chest pain going over to my right arm went to the hospital and they said they could find anything ....Once again said it was anxiety.... I was woundering if the iud could have infected my body some how causing the symptoms and more..thank you for you time....
- Does bcaa cause migraines?
I took 3 capsules of BCAA and within the next hour I developed a very aggressive migraine. Believing the migraine may have been separate to the tablets, I took another 3 capsules the next day and again within 1 hour I developed a very aggressive migraines. Has anyone had a similar adverse reaction?
- Can ranexa cause chest pain?
I always have Chest pain a couple of hours after taking Ranexa. It scared me when I first started taking this drug, thinking I was having a heart attack, but realized that wasn't so. the pain is very severe and seems to go right through to my back I will last up to a half an hour.
More questions for: Magnesium sulfate, Chest pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Chest pain while on yasmin
started experiencing severe chest pain and Vision disturbances since day one of taking yasmin. today is day 4 and I don't wanna take them anymore. I've ever taken yasmin about a year ago with no side effects so I'm a lil lost as to why its been a bother now. last menses was June 12th, had it prescribed by my OG for withdrawal bleed
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this way before.
More reviews for: Magnesium sulfate, Chest pain
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and off for about 3 days. I also have localized pain under my left breastbone. This didn't start until I started the Amoxicillin which I am on 875 mg twice a day. I do have acid reflux which I am on protonix 40 mg twice a day. I am not having any tro ...
- Have been on Xeloda 5days. 2000mg bid and past few days intermittent chest and arm pain. I had check up at hospital, including a stress test which was all normal. Pain fells like muscle tightness and comes on after exertion.
- Diagnosed with Crohn's Disease 02/2013 due to flare-up and bloody diarrhea, another flare in 02/14 with C. Diff. and bloody diarrhea. Took Flagyl with minor side effects. Another flare 06/2014 with no bleeding which started to ease up 3 weeks later but 7/12/2014 it became worse and I re-flared all o ...
- I have severe nausea, dizziness,headache, incontinence when taking Fondapariaux Sodium and Aritra have light headness, somnolence. I need to be on a anticoagulant because of stents just placed 6 months ago.
More related studies for: Magnesium sulfate, Chest pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.