Review: could Magnesium sulfate cause Chest pain?
Summary: Chest pain is found among people who take Magnesium sulfate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Preventive health care.
We study 7,062 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 252 have Chest pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Chest pain >>>
Magnesium sulfate has active ingredients of magnesium sulfate. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from 7,307 Magnesium sulfate users)
Chest pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 136,852 Chest pain patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 7,062 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium sulfate. Among them, 252 people (3.57%) have Chest Pain.
Time on Magnesium sulfate when people have Chest pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest pain||86.67%||13.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Chest pain when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
|Chest pain||60.29%||39.71% |
Age of people who have Chest pain when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
|Chest pain||0.00%||0.41%||0.41%||6.53%||4.90%||25.71%||24.49%||37.55% |
Severity of Chest pain when taking Magnesium sulfate ** :
How people recovered from Chest pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (14 people, 5.56%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 5.16%)
- Multiple myeloma (10 people, 3.97%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (9 people, 3.57%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (9 people, 3.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (71 people, 28.17%)
- Lasix (66 people, 26.19%)
- Potassium chloride (60 people, 23.81%)
- Acetaminophen (52 people, 20.63%)
- Decadron (44 people, 17.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Ree (9 months ago):
I had IV magnesium for pain in recovery after coming out of theatre and to begin with was hot and had flushes. Then I'm not sure how fat into to infusion, I had chest pain, couldn't breathe, etc.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of magnesium sulfate and chest pain on
Do you have Chest Pain while taking Magnesium Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Chest Pain
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate
- support group for people who have Chest Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Celebrex for a 67-year old woman with Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Chest Pain
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a 44-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Electrical Shock, Difficulty In Walking, Chest Pain, Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Severe Pain In Fingers, Hands, And Wrists When Not Numb Or Tingling, Skin Itches While Showering, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Short-term Memory Loss, Sudden Memory Loss, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Blurred Vision, Chronic Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine, Enalapril Maleate, Atripla for a 43-year old man with Hypertensive Heart Disease, Hiv Infection Cdc Category C3. The patient has Chest Pain, Night Sweats, Abdominal Bloating
- A study of side effects of ASA for a 33-year old man with Pain. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Lightheadedness, Chest Pain
- A study of side effects of Adipex-p for a 38-year old woman with Weight Loss. The patient has Chest Discomfort
Recent Magnesium sulfate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.