Review: could Magnesium sulfate cause Gout?
Summary: Gout is found among people who take Magnesium sulfate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Gout.
We study 7,051 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Gout. Find out below who they are, when they have Gout and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Gout >>>
Magnesium sulfate has active ingredients of magnesium sulfate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Magnesium sulfate 7,296 users)
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain, diabetes.(latest reports from Gout 12,602 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 7,048 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium sulfate. Among them, 13 people (0.18%) have Gout.
Time on Magnesium sulfate when people have Gout * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Gout when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
Age of people who have Gout when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
Severity of Gout when taking Magnesium sulfate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Gout ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gout (4 people, 30.77%)
- Multiple myeloma (3 people, 23.08%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (2 people, 15.38%)
- Blood calcium decreased (1 people, 7.69%)
- Renal failure acute (1 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (8 people, 61.54%)
- Potassium chloride (5 people, 38.46%)
- Lasix (5 people, 38.46%)
- Premarin (5 people, 38.46%)
- Simvastatin (4 people, 30.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gout while taking Magnesium Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Gout
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate
- support group for people who have Gout
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does bcaa cause migraines?
I took 3 capsules of BCAA and within the next hour I developed a very aggressive migraine. Believing the migraine may have been separate to the tablets, I took another 3 capsules the next day and again within 1 hour I developed a very aggressive migraines. Has anyone had a similar adverse reaction?
- I take flecainide for af.can i take glucosamine & chondroitin ( msm) to treat back pain
Can I take the flecainide for the AF and the MSM joint formula for back pain without adverse effects
- I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications (1 answer)
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
- Females on diovan developing gout? (1 answer)
I recently suffered a gout attack for the first time in my life. I am 55, female and have no history of this condition in my family.
About a year ago my husband and I moved and my new doctor put me on this medication for pre-hypertension.
I have read mounting evidence that one major side effect of Diovan is elevated uric acid in the blood, which in turn can cause gout.
It was so incredibly painful that I never want to suffer a recurrence, but I don't want to take allopurinol as a preventive measure, as I have had two friends develop movement disorders (Parkinsons and dystonia) after taking it.
I would much rather find another effective blood pressure medication that doesn't cause gout. Anyone successfully switched medication?
- What can i take for gout if i'm on xarelto (1 answer)
I have been on xarelto for 2 months after having a pulmonary embolism. But i have had an attack of gout since that doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I discovered that both voltaren and celebrex which I have taken for gout in the past are not to be taken while on xarelto. So i desperately need to find something to relieve the pain that wont cause a problem with the xarelto. Help!!!
More questions for: Magnesium sulfate, Gout
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor caused gout attack.
My doctor gave me Lipitor to lower my Collestoral (240). Three days later I had lower stomach pains and the beginning of a Gout attack on my foot. I stopped taking the drug after 4 days when the full blown Gout attack came. I had been watching my diet and had not had a Gout attack for two years (my first one). Nothing changed except the Lipitor. I have no doubt the attack was brought on by the Lipitor. If you have Gout DO NOT TAKE LIPITOR (or its generic). Im now in my second week of pain and it's terrible.
- Ear pain from allopurinol 100mg (1 response)
I have just been prescribed 100mg Allopurinol.
1 a day.
I am in my second day of taking these tablets.
I have begun to get get a sudden pain in my ear.
I have never in all my years have ever had such a pain.
I know the only change that has happened around me is taking these tablets.
I have stopped taking these and am awaiting my next appt with my GP.
I do take Arcoxia with paracetemol for pain relief.
More reviews for: Magnesium sulfate, Gout
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- I have severe nausea, dizziness,headache, incontinence when taking Fondapariaux Sodium and Aritra have light headness, somnolence. I need to be on a anticoagulant because of stents just placed 6 months ago.
- I had been taking Vicodin for over a year. My dx is chronic thoracic back pain. Stenosis with foraminal encroachment. Built up resistance so they put me on Gabapentin. Bad choice, put severe lesions all over my back. So now I have been on 15mg morphine bid.for one week. I end up in the ER for severe ...
- My Dad was on allpurinol for gout for years. He was put on Pradaxa 2-5 years ago.
He has had excruciating swelling and inflammation in feet. It starts about 6 p.m. at night. It affects his sleep. Doctors have given him hydrocodone for the pain.
I believe it is gout. He stopped taking it about ...
- My endocrinologist /doctor has my fluid intake limited to 48 ounces of liquids per day (all liquids) because my sodium levels were off due to the drug spironolactone , I was taking 200 mg per day but have cut back to 100 mg per day for the last year.
Also my Crestor dosage is 20 mg per day.
More related studies for: Magnesium sulfate, Gout
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.