Review: could Magnesium sulfate cause Granulomatous ileocolitis (Crohn's disease)?
Summary: Granulomatous ileocolitis is found among people who take Magnesium sulfate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Glipizide, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 7,051 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Granulomatous ileocolitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Granulomatous ileocolitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Granulomatous ileocolitis >>>
Magnesium sulfate has active ingredients of magnesium sulfate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Magnesium sulfate 7,296 users)
Granulomatous ileocolitis (ulcerated infection of intestine and bowel by macrophages immune cells) has been reported by people with crohn's disease, acne, pain, inflammatory bowel disease, depression.(view latest reports from 74,576 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 7,048 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium sulfate. Among them, 12 people (0.17%) have Granulomatous Ileocolitis.
Time on Magnesium sulfate when people have Granulomatous ileocolitis * :
Gender of people who have Granulomatous ileocolitis when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
|Granulomatous ileocolitis||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Granulomatous ileocolitis when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
|Granulomatous ileocolitis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||22.22%||0.00%||66.67% |
Severity of Granulomatous ileocolitis when taking Magnesium sulfate ** :
How people recovered from Granulomatous ileocolitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (8 people, 66.67%)
- Depression (2 people, 16.67%)
- Nausea (1 people, 8.33%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 8.33%)
- Abdominal pain upper (1 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Glipizide (4 people, 33.33%)
- Potassium chloride (4 people, 33.33%)
- Humira (4 people, 33.33%)
- Tramadol hcl (4 people, 33.33%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Granulomatous Ileocolitis while taking Magnesium Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Granulomatous Ileocolitis
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate
- support group for people who have Granulomatous Ileocolitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone been diagnosed with hpv while taking cimzia
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Hpv, Crohn's Disease, and takes Cimzia)
i have been taking cimzia for about 1yr all of a sudden 1 day i have a crazy burning throat and blisters in my mouth only to find i have hpv have not been sexully active for 5 yrs....my dr insist i keep getting my injections but my other physcians say no....o confused and irritated
- I have been in remission of dermatamyositus since 16yrs old i'm 37 now however i've since been diagnosed with chrones disease and psoritic arthritis, all immune diseases, is this a coincidence?? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis, Crohn's Disease, Dermatomyositis)
I've had dermatamyiositus since I was 5 went into remission at 16, I've always been ill over the years but I've more recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and psoritic arthritis, from what I can tell all these diseases are immune diseases, is this an unlucky coincidence?? Or is my immune syst ...
- Does bcaa cause migraines?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has CFS, Migraines , and takes Cod Liver Oil, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C (ascorbic Acid), Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin B3, Selenium, Coenzyme Q10, Iron Dextran, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride)
I took 3 capsules of BCAA and within the next hour I developed a very aggressive migraine. Believing the migraine may have been separate to the tablets, I took another 3 capsules the next day and again within 1 hour I developed a very aggressive migraines. Has anyone had a similar adverse reactio ...
- Does cyclosporin cause infertility/ lack of libido in women
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Cyclosporine)
have been on cyclosporine for 7 years and have noticed a decrease in libido and also wondering if this medication is going to affect my fertility as i'm only 29.
- What stage is my melanoma?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Recurring Subcutaneous Melanoma, Crohn's Disease, and takes Cholestyramine)
I was originally diagnosed in 2010 with nodular melanoma, Clarke level IV, and summer 2013 a subcutaneous tumour was removed from near the site of the original melanoma. CT showed no evidence of disease to organs. Medical oncologist said I was cancer free, skin oncologist told me that 50/100 peopl ...
More questions for: Magnesium sulfate, Granulomatous ileocolitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Caused by azathioprine (2 responses)
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Azathioprine)
I started taking Azathioprine in 2003, and almost immediately started having very strange skin conditions, strange chronic rashes, etc. I also developed strange, tiny bumps on my palms and soles of my feet; which are extremely prominent after exposure to water. My father started taking this drug as ...
- Allopurinol for 6-mp metabolism to 6-tgn
(Posted by a 30 year old woman who has Crohn's Disease, and takes Allopurinol, Purinethol)
I began taking Allopurinol 100mg to help metabolize the Purinethol I have been taking for 6 years for Crohn's disease after a blood test revealed my 6-MMP metabolites were too high and 6-TG were too low. Several published studies show Allopurinol to be helpful for "non-preferential metabolizers" lik ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Magnesium sulfate, Granulomatous ileocolitis
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamins, Flonase, Fenofibrate, Niaspan, Lovaza, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Androgel, Bystolic, Nexium, Diovan for a patient with Low Magnesium, Fatigue, Post Nasal Drip, High Bloood Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Herpes Gestationis, Low Testosterone, Heart, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has
Comments: Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Arixtra, Vagifem, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Spironolactone, Rapamune, Tacrolimus, Sodium Pentobarbital, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Omeprazole, Lorazepam, Furosemide, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Cozaar, Vitamin B12, Buspar, ASA for a patient with Blood Disorder, Vaginal Disorder, Low Level Of Vitamin D, Depression, Renal Failure - Chronic, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Seizure - Grand Mal, Cardiac Flutter, Hypokalaemia, Gerd, Post-traumatic Syndrome, Renal Failure Chronic/ Heart Failure, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Hypertension, Pre-existing Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Stent. The patient has
Comments: I have severe nausea, dizziness,headache, incontinence when taking Fondapariaux Sodium and Aritra have light headness, somnolence. I need to be on a anticoagulant because of stents just placed 6 months ago.
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Magnesium Sulfate, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Concerta, Celexa, Borage Seed Oil, Lamictal for a patient with Costochondritis, Add, Gad, Depression Suicidal, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Anti-inflammitory, Borderline Personality Disorder. The patient has
Comments: Not on borage seed oil. Would like to see it's interaction with meds I'm already on. I have pmdd, gad, ptsd, bpd, bipolar II, complex-ptsd, major depression, ocd, add, asthma and costocondritis. Allergic to pineapple and caffeine.
- A study of drug interactions between Iron Dextran, Symbicort, Calcium, Multivitamin, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Bactrim, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Iron Metabolism Disorder, Asthma, General Well Being, Cramps - Leg, Sinus Infection, Low Thyroid. The patient has Rls And Night Time Foot And Leg Cramps
Comments: Prior to taking Symbicort for asthma, I was on Advair and have been for as long as its been around. 10+years? Is Symbicort attributable to RLS? I am currently doing iron infusions x 5 over a 2 week period for low level iron @40. I was down to low level 5 in Oct, hospitalized with iron infusions. ...
More related studies for: Magnesium sulfate, Granulomatous ileocolitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.