Review: could Magnesium sulfate cause Irritable bowel syndrome?
Summary: Irritable bowel syndrome is found among people who take Magnesium sulfate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Ambien, and have Emphysema.
We study 7,062 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 21 have Irritable bowel syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritable bowel syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Irritable bowel syndrome >>>
Magnesium sulfate has active ingredients of magnesium sulfate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 7,306 Magnesium sulfate users)
Irritable bowel syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 15,681 Irritable bowel syndrome patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 7,062 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium sulfate. Among them, 21 people (0.30%) have Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Time on Magnesium sulfate when people have Irritable bowel syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
|Irritable bowel syndrome||95.24%||4.76% |
Age of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
|Irritable bowel syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.00%||25.00%||20.00%||50.00% |
Severity of Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Magnesium sulfate ** :
How people recovered from Irritable bowel syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Emphysema (5 people, 23.81%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (4 people, 19.05%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 19.05%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (3 people, 14.29%)
- Multiple myeloma (2 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (9 people, 42.86%)
- Xanax (8 people, 38.10%)
- Vicodin (7 people, 33.33%)
- Protonix (6 people, 28.57%)
- Lasix (6 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Magnesium sulfate and irritable bowel syndrome on
Do you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome while taking Magnesium Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate
- support group for people who have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Conjugated Linoleic Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Armour Thyroid, Wellbutrin Xl, Adderall 5, Adderall Xr 30 for a 40-year old woman with Weight Gain, Stress Symptoms, Cystic Acne, Hypothyroidism, Depression, Adhd. The patient has Weight Gain, Tiredness, Recurring Skin Boils
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Effexor, Lipitor, Estradiol for a 58-year old woman with Mood Disorder, Autoimmune Disorder, Nutrition - Inadequate, Heart Disease, Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Headache, Tension, Eyes - Dry, Abdominal Bloating
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Citrate, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Mirtazapine, Remeron, Remeron Soltab, Tryptophan for a 35-year old man with Sleep Lack Of (ptsd), In Conjunction With Remeron/mirtazapine To Block/prevent Nightmares, Lack Of Strength, Balance Disorder, Living Will, Depression. The patient has Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Weight Gain, Anxiety Disorder, Agitation, Vulnerable To Suggestion, Piss/crap Self, Abdominal Pain Lower, Hyperactive Sight, Smell And Sound Sensory, Slow Response To Stimuli, Blurred Vision, Black Outs/time Loss, Dizziness, Fainting, Pulmonary Embolism, Pulmonary Hypertension, Nightmares, Depression, Depression Suicidal, Suicidal Ideation, Poisoning
- A study of side effects of Magnesium Sulfate for a 21-year old woman with Constipation. The patient has Pain - Back
Recent Magnesium sulfate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.