Home > Magnesium sulfate > Irritable bowel syndrome > Magnesium sulfate and Irritable bowel syndrome
Review: could Magnesium sulfate cause Irritable bowel syndrome?
We study 7,048 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 21 have Irritable bowel syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritable bowel syndrome and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Irritable bowel syndrome >>>
Magnesium sulfate (latest outcomes from 7,289 users) has active ingredients of magnesium sulfate. It is often used in migraine.
Irritable bowel syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome (latest reports from 71,328 patients) has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 7,048 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium sulfate. Among them, 21 people (0.30%) have Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Time on Magnesium sulfate when people have Irritable bowel syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
|Irritable bowel syndrome||95.24%||4.76% |
Age of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
|Irritable bowel syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.00%||25.00%||20.00%||50.00% |
Severity of Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Magnesium sulfate ** :
How people recovered from Irritable bowel syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Emphysema (5 people, 23.81%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (4 people, 19.05%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 19.05%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (3 people, 14.29%)
- Multiple myeloma (2 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (9 people, 42.86%)
- Xanax (8 people, 38.10%)
- Vicodin (7 people, 33.33%)
- Protonix (6 people, 28.57%)
- Lasix (6 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome while taking Magnesium Sulfate?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate
- support group for people who have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Is it possible to receive medical marijuana if you have spina bifida and controllable ibs?
i need help figuring out the best pain relieving drug for my conditions. please respond if any information
- Does bcaa cause migraines?
I took 3 capsules of BCAA and within the next hour I developed a very aggressive migraine. Believing the migraine may have been separate to the tablets, I took another 3 capsules the next day and again within 1 hour I developed a very aggressive migraines. Has anyone had a similar adverse reactio ...
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- I am taking omeprazole and ranitidine for acid reflux both seem to be giving me side effects fatigue, dizziness
I took esomoprazole ( nexium ) 20 mg for acid reflux for thirteen days but felt so unwell side effects fatigue and feeling very unsteady and disoriented , not all the time but enough to make me want to stop taking it. It had however diminished my cough and sore throat caused by the reflux. My gastro ...
- Do you have sacroiliitis and ibs
After a course of Augmentin antibiotics, I started having severe symptoms of IBS. It has continued for 2 years. I have also suffered from chronic sacroiliitis for almost 2 years. Can the 2 conditions be connected?
- I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
- Can any of these drugs cause a false positive marijuana drug test
can any of these cause a false positive for a drug test? I was told I tested positive for marijuana which I don't smoke or use.
- Which drug for uti is less likely to cause low platelets - amoxicillin or trimethroprim
Years ago on two occasions (11 years in between) I had severe thrombocytopenia some weeks after taking Septrin (trimethroprim and sulfamethoxazole ). I now have a UTI which hasn't responded to home treatment and my doctor has offered trimethroprim or amoxicillin. I have also had megaloblastic anae ...
- What should i do to relieve the flushing symptoms?
Was diagnosed with Parkinson's in March 2013. My doctor has prescribed sinemet, which I have tried 3 times, but during each,I have experienced periods of flushing, agitation, and restless legs--to the point of feeling truly ill. He doesn't believe that there is a cause and effect relationship bet ...
More questions for: Magnesium sulfate, Irritable bowel syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Magnesium sulfate, Irritable bowel syndrome
On eHealthMe, Magnesium Sulfate (magnesium sulfate) is often used for migraine. Find out below the conditions Magnesium Sulfate is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Magnesium Sulfate used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Magnesium sulfate, Irritable bowel syndrome
Recent Magnesium sulfate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Magnesium Sulfate, Lipitor, Bystolic for a 68-year old woman who has Heart Rate Irregular
- Comparions of Magnesium Sulfate, Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman who has Tooth Infection
- Comparions of Magnesium Sulfate, Apple Cider Vinegar for a 69-year old woman who has Zopiclone
- Comparions of Vyvanse, Magnesium Sulfate for a 22-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Xl (Smithkline Beecham) - 300MG, Magnesium Sulfate for a 45-year old woman who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Ativan, Magnesium Sulfate for a 53-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Synthroid (Abbott) - 0.125MG, Magnesium Sulfate for a 46-year old woman who has Low Thyroid
- Comparions of Magnesium Sulfate, Polyethylene Glycol 3350 for a 66-year old man who has Severe Constipation From Opioid
- Comparions of Ciprofloxacin, Magnesium Sulfate for a 47-year old woman who has UTI - Recurrent
- Comparions of Sertraline Hydrochloride (Ivax Pharms) - EQ 100MG BASE, Magnesium Sulfate for a 33-year old woman who has Depression
More related comparison studies for: Magnesium sulfate, Irritable bowel syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.