Review: could Magnesium sulfate cause Metallic taste (Taste - impaired)?
Summary: Metallic taste is found among people who take Magnesium sulfate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Potassium chloride, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 7,051 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 31 have Metallic taste. Find out below who they are, when they have Metallic taste and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Metallic taste >>>
Magnesium sulfate has active ingredients of magnesium sulfate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Magnesium sulfate 7,296 users)
Metallic taste (a bad taste in the mouth) has been reported by people with insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression.(latest reports from Metallic taste 24,191 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 7,048 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium sulfate. Among them, 31 people (0.44%) have Metallic Taste.
Time on Magnesium sulfate when people have Metallic taste * :
Gender of people who have Metallic taste when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
|Metallic taste||80.65%||19.35% |
Age of people who have Metallic taste when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
|Metallic taste||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.69%||79.31% |
Severity of Metallic taste when taking Magnesium sulfate ** :
How people recovered from Metallic taste ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (9 people, 29.03%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 9.68%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 9.68%)
- Onychomycosis (2 people, 6.45%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 6.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Potassium chloride (13 people, 41.94%)
- Vitamin e (12 people, 38.71%)
- Coumadin (11 people, 35.48%)
- Prilosec (11 people, 35.48%)
- Levaquin (11 people, 35.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Metallic Taste while taking Magnesium Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Metallic Taste
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate
- support group for people who have Metallic Taste
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Magnesium sulfate, Metallic taste
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Celebrex and taste loss
Following foot surgery, I have taken Celebrex for most of the last 4 months. I can no longer taste or smell. I just started a Z pack for a sinus problem and am hoping that will clear any infection that could be contributing to this loss. I have also stopped taking Celebrex in the meantime.
- Loss of taste & recovery
Condition appeared upon use of Simvastatin. Mostly corrected by liberal use of MSG.
More reviews for: Magnesium sulfate, Metallic taste
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- I have severe nausea, dizziness,headache, incontinence when taking Fondapariaux Sodium and Aritra have light headness, somnolence. I need to be on a anticoagulant because of stents just placed 6 months ago.
- The taste is so bad that it can turn my stomach. I have been told to stay
on the drug due to having a very bad case of shingles in the ear and mouth.
Will it go away when I am off the medication
- Not on borage seed oil. Would like to see it's interaction with meds I'm already on. I have pmdd, gad, ptsd, bpd, bipolar II, complex-ptsd, major depression, ocd, add, asthma and costocondritis. Allergic to pineapple and caffeine.
More related studies for: Magnesium sulfate, Metallic taste
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.