Review: could Magnesium sulfate cause Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus)?
Summary: Ringing in the ears is found among people who take Magnesium sulfate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Prilosec, and have Localised osteoarthritis.
We study 7,062 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Ringing in the ears. Find out below who they are, when they have Ringing in the ears and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Ringing in the ears >>>
Magnesium sulfate has active ingredients of magnesium sulfate. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from 7,307 Magnesium sulfate users)
Ringing in the ears
Ringing in the ears (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,019 Ringing in the ears patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 7,062 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium sulfate. Among them, 40 people (0.57%) have Ringing In The Ears.
Time on Magnesium sulfate when people have Ringing in the ears * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Ringing in the ears when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
|Ringing in the ears||69.23%||30.77% |
Age of people who have Ringing in the ears when taking Magnesium sulfate * :
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.33%||3.33%||33.33%||60.00% |
Severity of Ringing in the ears when taking Magnesium sulfate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Ringing in the ears ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Localised osteoarthritis (8 people, 20.00%)
- Neuralgia (4 people, 10.00%)
- Generalized anxiety disorder (4 people, 10.00%)
- Back pain (4 people, 10.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (4 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (16 people, 40.00%)
- Synthroid (13 people, 32.50%)
- Reglan (13 people, 32.50%)
- Vioxx (12 people, 30.00%)
- Ambien (12 people, 30.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ringing In The Ears while taking Magnesium Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate and have Ringing In The Ears
- support group for people who take Magnesium sulfate
- support group for people who have Ringing In The Ears
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Vytorin, Spiriva, Imdur for a 66-year old woman with Low Thyroid, Depression, Cholesterol, Copd, Angina. The patient has Ringing In The Ears, Headache
- A study of side effects of Nasonex for a 50-year old woman with Allergic Sinusitis. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vitamin D, Metoprolol Tartrate, Pantoprazole, Losartan, Pravastatin Sodium, Topiramate for a 45-year old woman with Back Pain, Health, High Blood Pressure, Stomach Acid, Total Cholesterol, Seizures. The patient has Vertigo-associated Disorders, Aural Fullness, Eye Twitch, Chills, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Fatigue, Lump In The Neck, Restlessness, Weakness, Body Numbness, Confusion, Pressure Sore, Ringing In The Ears, Dizzy
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Atenolol for a 67-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears, Swollen Belly, Aches And Pains In Bones, Eye Allergy, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 18-year old boy with Depression. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
Recent Magnesium sulfate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.