Magnesium oxide and Dry mouth - from FDA reports
Dry mouth is found among people who take Magnesium oxide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycodone, and have Cancer pain. This review analyzes which people have Dry mouth with Magnesium oxide. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,375 people who have side effects when taking Magnesium oxide from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
6,375 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium oxide.
Among them, 30 people (0.47%) have Dry mouth
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Magnesium oxide when people have Dry mouth *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Magnesium oxide *:
- female: 63.33 %
- male: 36.67 %
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Magnesium oxide *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 9.09 %
- 50-59: 31.82 %
- 60+: 59.09 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Cancer Pain (11 people, 36.67%)
- Quit Smoking (5 people, 16.67%)
- Diabetes (5 people, 16.67%)
- Emphysema (4 people, 13.33%)
- Multiple Myeloma (2 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Oxycodone (13 people, 43.33%)
- Spiriva (6 people, 20.00%)
- Fentanyl (6 people, 20.00%)
- Nicotrol (5 people, 16.67%)
- Acetylsalicylic Acid (5 people, 16.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Delirium (11 people, 36.67%)
- Joint Pain (10 people, 33.33%)
- Stress And Anxiety (9 people, 30.00%)
- Weakness (8 people, 26.67%)
- Back Pain (7 people, 23.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dry mouth when taking Magnesium oxide?
- Check symptoms - is dry mouth caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDry mouth and drugs with ingredients of magnesium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDry mouth and Magnesium oxide from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Magnesium oxide has active ingredients of magnesium. It is often used in hypomagnesemia. (latest outcomes from Magnesium oxide 6,654 users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 52,194 Dry mouth patients).
Browse all side effects of Magnesium oxidea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Dry mouthDry mouth
Could your condition cause Dry mouthDry mouth
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Just been diagnosed with osteoporosis, found out I already have had an undiagnosed back fracture...which I didn't know about...taking Actonel, have dry mouth, lower back pain, wondering if anyone else with an ileostomy (37 yrs) is having any problems with Actonel.
I've been on Imuran for my Crohns Disease for over 20.years, I have AVN in both hips (5 hip replacements) I had the Depuy Metal on Metal Pinnacle Cup components. Got Melatosis and had revisions done on both hips, replaced with ceramic femoral heads and plastic lining in the cup. My left hip ...
User reviews to the study
i take magnsium and pradaxa for blood clots and was told by a friend that if i take magnesium alone that it oyld dissolve and prvent any blood clots from forming how true is this as i hate this pradaxa
I quit taking ambien when I found out that was causing dry mouth, I thought melatonin is more natural and shouldn't have any side effects, Has anyone found a successful alternative or anything that helps with the dry mouth?