Magnesium sulfate and Areflexia - from FDA reports
Areflexia is found among people who take Magnesium sulfate, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old also take medication Furosemide, and have Schizophrenia. This review analyzes which people have Areflexia with Magnesium sulfate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,759 people who have side effects when taking Magnesium sulfate from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 10, 2017
8,759 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium sulfate.
Among them, 13 people (0.15%) have Areflexia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Areflexia when taking Magnesium sulfate *:
- female: 36.36 %
- male: 63.64 %
Age of people who have Areflexia when taking Magnesium sulfate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 12.5 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 12.5 %
- 40-49: 37.5 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 25.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia (3 people, 23.08%)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (2 people, 15.38%)
- Muscle Spasms (1 person, 7.69%)
- Blood Magnesium Abnormal (1 person, 7.69%)
- Anaesthesia (1 person, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Furosemide (4 people, 30.77%)
- Seroquel (3 people, 23.08%)
- Risperdal Consta (3 people, 23.08%)
- Asenapine (3 people, 23.08%)
- Paxil (2 people, 15.38%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (4 people, 30.77%)
- Thirst - Excessive (3 people, 23.08%)
- Snoring (3 people, 23.08%)
- Body Temperature Decreased (3 people, 23.08%)
- Blood Potassium Decreased (3 people, 23.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Areflexia when taking Magnesium sulfate?
- Check symptoms - is areflexia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAreflexia and drugs with ingredients of magnesium sulfate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAreflexia and Magnesium sulfate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Magnesium sulfate has active ingredients of magnesium sulfate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Magnesium sulfate 9,189 users)
Areflexia (absence of a reflex) has been reported by people with pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 2,187 Areflexia patients).
Browse all side effects of Magnesium sulfatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AreflexiaAreflexia
Could your condition cause AreflexiaAreflexia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Have been on pain about a 6 weeks. When the pain got worse like an infection on lower abdomen & testicle. Found a cyst like on head of left epididymal part. Hado been on Donyatt & Cipro antibiotics. Only the symptoms gone away but still cyst like stuff on left side. Finished antibiotics and week ...
Hi , have probably had sarcoidosis since 1986 , when I began to have a rash on my neck , doctors prescribed every cream imaginable , nothing worked , 1992 after the birth of my son , was really ill , couldn't breath , lumps all over my legs , was diagnosed with sarcoidosis, it stayed with me ...
I'm a Ph.D. RN and my PCP found out my Magnesium has been low. They started me on 2mgs twice a week, after my mag levels didn't really increase they put me on 2gms every 3 days. Did it help sp today I'm on 2mgs every other day. All IV. Today was my start day and now I have a fever with it. I ...