Magnesium sulfate and Uterine fibroids - from FDA reports
Uterine fibroids is reported only by a few people who take Magnesium Sulfate. We study 8,759 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium sulfate from FDA. Among them, 3 have Uterine fibroids. Find out below who they are, when they have Uterine fibroids and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 01, 2017
8,759 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium sulfate.
Among them, 3 people (0.03%) have Uterine fibroids
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Magnesium sulfate when people have Uterine fibroids *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Uterine fibroids when taking Magnesium sulfate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 100 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Joint Pain (2 people, 66.67%)
- Hypomagnesaemia (2 people, 66.67%)
- Fever (2 people, 66.67%)
- Crohn's Disease (2 people, 66.67%)
- Cholangitis (2 people, 66.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone (2 people, 66.67%)
- Neoral (2 people, 66.67%)
- Imuran (2 people, 66.67%)
- Humira (2 people, 66.67%)
- Bisacodyl (2 people, 66.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Maternal Drugs Affecting Foetus (1 person, 33.33%)
- Cough (1 person, 33.33%)
- Complications Of Maternal Exposure To Therapeutic Drugs (1 person, 33.33%)
- Apgar Score Low (1 person, 33.33%)
- Angina Unstable (1 person, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Uterine fibroids when taking Magnesium sulfate?
- Check symptoms - is uterine fibroids caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsUterine fibroids and drugs with ingredients of magnesium sulfate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeUterine fibroids and Magnesium sulfate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Magnesium sulfate has active ingredients of magnesium sulfate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Magnesium sulfate 9,189 users)
Uterine fibroids (benign growths of the muscle inside the uterus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, breast cancer, birth control (latest reports from 1,389 Uterine fibroids patients).
Browse all side effects of Magnesium sulfatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Uterine fibroidsUterine fibroids
Could your condition cause Uterine fibroidsUterine fibroids
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have fibroid. A friend told me that folic acid thickens the wall of the fibroid and makes it difficult for it to degenerate. Can you please advice me on what you know about this. Is it risky to take folic acid in this condition?
User reviews to the study
Have been on pain about a 6 weeks. When the pain got worse like an infection on lower abdomen & testicle. Found a cyst like on head of left epididymal part. Hado been on Donyatt & Cipro antibiotics. Only the symptoms gone away but still cyst like stuff on left side. Finished antibiotics and week ...
Hi, I started venlafaxine 2 weeks ago and also have fibroids. These have been controlled with cerelle for the past 2 years but this morning I had some flooding. Haven't experienced this since taking cerelle and am concerned the venlafaxine is causing it. Thing is, venlafaxine seems to be ...