Review: could Magnesium cause Congested nose (Nasal congestion)?
Summary: Congested nose is found among people who take Magnesium, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Prilosec, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 11,174 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium from FDA and social media. Among them, 79 have Congested nose. Find out below who they are, when they have Congested nose and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Magnesium and have Congested nose >>>
Magnesium has active ingredients of magnesium. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 11,670 Magnesium users)
Congested nose (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, erection problems. (latest reports from 14,508 Congested nose patients)
On Apr, 28, 2015: 11,174 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium. Among them, 79 people (0.71%) have Congested Nose.
Time on Magnesium when people have Congested nose * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Congested nose||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00 |
Gender of people who have Congested nose when taking Magnesium * :
|Congested nose||75.00%||25.00% |
Age of people who have Congested nose when taking Magnesium * :
|Congested nose||0.00%||4.05%||0.00%||5.41%||5.41%||8.11%||44.59%||32.43% |
Severity of Congested nose when taking Magnesium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Congested nose||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Congested nose ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (18 people, 22.78%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (13 people, 16.46%)
- Back pain (13 people, 16.46%)
- Osteoporosis (12 people, 15.19%)
- Osteopenia (9 people, 11.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (34 people, 43.04%)
- Simvastatin (34 people, 43.04%)
- Nexium (33 people, 41.77%)
- Vitamin d (30 people, 37.97%)
- Vitamin b-12 (28 people, 35.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Congested Nose while taking Magnesium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Magnesium and have Congested Nose
- support group for people who take Magnesium
- support group for people who have Congested Nose
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Magnesium Citrate for a 33-year old man with Constipation. The patient has Urinary Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Garlic, Niacin, Milk Thistle, Acidophilus, Magnesium, Multivitamin, B Complex Vitamin, Fish Oil, Foradil, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 73-year old man with Health, Liver Function Tests, Digestive Health, General Health, Generalhealth, Copd, Hypertension. The patient has Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Glycinate, Norvasc for a 62-year old woman with Low Blood Potassium, Low Blood Magnesium, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Loss Of Appetite, Unsteadiness, Hungry After Eat, Disorientation, Fatigue - Chronic, Nausea, Tremor, Confusion, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Potassium Gluconate, Colace, Claritin, Budesonide, Perforomist, Albuterol Sulfate, Spiriva, Proair Hfa, Humalog Kwikpen, Xanax, Famotidine, Pantoprazole, Gabapentin, Warfarin Sodium, Prednisone, Amoxicillin, Tikosyn, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Vitamin K Decreased, Constipation, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Diabetes, Anxiety Disorder, Upset Stomach, Diabetic Nephropathy, Protein C Deficiency, Post-exposure, Atrial Flutter, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Pain. The patient has Rash Generalised, Itching, Hives, Urticaria
- A study of side effects of Clarinex for a 22-year old man with Nasal Congestion. The patient has Nasal Congestion
Recent Magnesium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Lamictal, Magnesium Carbonate for a 46-year old man who has Focal Epilepsy
- Comparions of Magnesium Oxide, Advicor for a 56-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Magnesium Chloride, Meclizine Hydrochloride, , Tricor, Adderall 30 for a 66-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Flexeril, Magnesium Oxide, Dilantin, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman who has Epilepsy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.