Review: could Magnesium cause Flatulence (flatus) (Gas - flatulence)?
Summary: Flatulence (flatus) is reported only by a few people who take Magnesium.
We study 11,174 people who have side effects while taking Magnesium from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Flatulence (flatus) and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Magnesium and have Flatulence (flatus) >>>
Magnesium has active ingredients of magnesium. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 11,670 Magnesium users)
Flatulence (flatus) (flatus expelled through the anus) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest reports from 139 Flatulence (flatus) patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 11,174 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium. Among them, 1 people (0.01%) has Flatulence (flatus).
Time on Magnesium when people have Flatulence (flatus) * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Flatulence (flatus)||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Flatulence (flatus) when taking Magnesium * :
|Flatulence (flatus)||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Flatulence (flatus) when taking Magnesium * :
|Flatulence (flatus)||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Flatulence (flatus) when taking Magnesium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Flatulence (flatus)||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Flatulence (flatus) ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Flatulence (flatus)||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hair loss (1 people, 100.00%)
- Pms (1 people, 100.00%)
- Iga deficiency (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Biotin (1 people, 100.00%)
- Prozac (1 people, 100.00%)
- Vitamin d (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Magnesium and flatulence (flatus) on
Do you have Flatulence (flatus) while taking Magnesium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Magnesium and have Flatulence (flatus)
- support group for people who take Magnesium
- support group for people who have Flatulence (flatus)
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Lamotrigine, Lithium Carbonate, Magnesium, L-lysine, Vitamin D, L-theanine for a 29-year old woman with Sleepy, Migraine With Aura, Depression, Bipolar I Disorder, Migraine, Skin - Dry, Stress. The patient has Bowel Obstruction
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Magnesium Chloride, Spironolactone for a 47-year old woman with Pain, Potassium - Low, Edema, Low Blood Magnesium. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain, Depression Postmenopausal, Eczema Nummular, Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin D, Restasis, Gabapentin, Remeron, Buspar, Naproxen for a 54-year old woman with General Symptom, Eyes - Dry, Restless Leg Syndrome, Ptsd, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Anxiety Postoperative
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Magnesium, Calcium, B Complex Vitamin, Buspar, Lexapro for a 41-year old woman with Preventive Surgery, Anxiety. The patient has Panic Attacks, Anxiety
- A study of side effects of Magnesium for a 59-year old woman with Hypomagnesemia. The patient has Diarrhea
Recent Magnesium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide for a 49-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Lamictal, Magnesium Carbonate for a 46-year old man who has Focal Epilepsy
- Comparions of Magnesium Oxide, Advicor for a 56-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Magnesium Chloride, Meclizine Hydrochloride, , Tricor, Adderall 30 for a 66-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Flexeril, Magnesium Oxide, Dilantin, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman who has Epilepsy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.