Review: could Marijuana cause Abnormal heart rhythms (Arrhythmias)?
Summary: Abnormal heart rhythms is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are male, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Codeine, and have Birth control.
We study 1,085 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Abnormal heart rhythms. Find out below who they are, when they have Abnormal heart rhythms and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Marijuana and have Abnormal heart rhythms >>>
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 1,384 Marijuana users)
Abnormal heart rhythms
Abnormal heart rhythms (irregular heartbeat) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis, diabetes. (latest reports from 45,991 Abnormal heart rhythms patients)
On Feb, 24, 2015: 1,072 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 13 people (1.21%) have Abnormal Heart Rhythms.
Time on Marijuana when people have Abnormal heart rhythms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abnormal heart rhythms||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Abnormal heart rhythms when taking Marijuana * :
|Abnormal heart rhythms||38.46%||61.54% |
Age of people who have Abnormal heart rhythms when taking Marijuana * :
|Abnormal heart rhythms||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||45.45%||0.00%||9.09%||36.36%||9.09% |
Severity of Abnormal heart rhythms when taking Marijuana ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abnormal heart rhythms||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abnormal heart rhythms ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abnormal heart rhythms||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (3 people, 23.08%)
- Drug dependence (1 people, 7.69%)
- Nausea (1 people, 7.69%)
- Depression (1 people, 7.69%)
- Depression - elderly (1 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Codeine (4 people, 30.77%)
- Methamphetamine (4 people, 30.77%)
- Acetylcysteine (4 people, 30.77%)
- Carisoprodol (3 people, 23.08%)
- Nuvaring (3 people, 23.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abnormal Heart Rhythms while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Abnormal Heart Rhythms
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have Abnormal Heart Rhythms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Hash for a 22-year old man with Haemangioma Of Retina. The patient has Bleeding From Ear
- A study of side effects of Marijuana for a 42-year old woman with Acromegaly. The patient has Primary Hyperparathyroidism (excess of parathyroid hormone in the bloodstream due to over activity of one or more of the body's four parathyroid glands), Acromegaly (body produces too much growth hormone, leading to excess growth of body tissues)
- A study of side effects of Marijuana for a 53-year old woman with Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. The patient has Ataxia (loss of full control of bodily movements)
- A study of side effects of Cannabis for a 64-year old man with Recreational. The patient has Vertigo
- A study of drug interactions between Zopiclone, Cannabis for a 18-year old boy with Insomnia, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Metallic Taste, Loss Of Dreaming
Recent Marijuana related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Marijuana for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Marijuana, Norco for a 20-year old woman who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Adderall, Marijuana, Focalin Xr for a 19-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Daytrana, Marijuana, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 21-year old man who has Anxiety Depression Insomnia Panic Attacks
- Comparions of Nicotine, Marijuana, Herbal Ecstasy, Cocaine Plant, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a 19-year old girl who has Oily Skin
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.