Review: could Marijuana cause Diarrhea?
Summary: Diarrhea is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Ativan, and have Fibromyalgia.
We study 1,087 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 39 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Marijuana and have Diarrhea >>>
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 1,391 Marijuana users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 139,378 Diarrhea patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 1,087 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 39 people (3.59%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Marijuana when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Marijuana * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Marijuana * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Marijuana ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (12 people, 30.77%)
- Granulocytopenia (9 people, 23.08%)
- Breast cancer (9 people, 23.08%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (7 people, 17.95%)
- Contraception (5 people, 12.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ativan (16 people, 41.03%)
- Vitamin d (14 people, 35.90%)
- Metoclopramide (14 people, 35.90%)
- Zometa (14 people, 35.90%)
- Effexor (13 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of marijuana and diarrhea on
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Marijuana related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Marijuana for a 50-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Marijuana, Arginine, Atenolol for a 64-year old man who has Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Cannabis Sativa, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 23-year old woman who has Borderline Personality Disorder
- Comparions of Cabergoline, Marijuana for a 43-year old woman who has Pituitary Tumour
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.