Review: could Marijuana cause Difficulty breathing (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Difficulty breathing is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Potassium, and have Fibromyalgia.
We study 1,085 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 46 have Difficulty breathing. Find out below who they are, when they have Difficulty breathing and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Marijuana and have Difficulty breathing >>>
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 1,387 Marijuana users)
Difficulty breathing has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 165,466 Difficulty breathing patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 1,085 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 46 people (4.24%) have Difficulty Breathing.
Time on Marijuana when people have Difficulty breathing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Difficulty breathing||28.57%||14.29%||0.00%||28.57%||14.29%||0.00%||14.29% |
Gender of people who have Difficulty breathing when taking Marijuana * :
|Difficulty breathing||68.75%||31.25% |
Age of people who have Difficulty breathing when taking Marijuana * :
|Difficulty breathing||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||28.26%||41.30%||10.87%||17.39%||2.17% |
Severity of Difficulty breathing when taking Marijuana ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Difficulty breathing||20.00%||60.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Difficulty breathing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Difficulty breathing||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (9 people, 19.57%)
- Hypothyroidism (7 people, 15.22%)
- Contraception (6 people, 13.04%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 13.04%)
- Depression (6 people, 13.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Potassium (8 people, 17.39%)
- Alprazolam (7 people, 15.22%)
- Lyrica (7 people, 15.22%)
- Neurontin (7 people, 15.22%)
- Trazodone hcl (7 people, 15.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of marijuana and difficulty breathing on
Do you have Difficulty Breathing while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Difficulty Breathing
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have Difficulty Breathing
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Clopidogrel Bisulfate, Aspirin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 64-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Coronary Artery Occlusion, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of side effects of Cannabis for a 32-year old man with Cannabis Intoxication. The patient has Thrombophlebitis Migrans (development of recurrent (i.e. migratory) superficial thrombophlebitis)
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Caffeine, Cannabis Sativa, Vyvanse, Testosterone Enanthate for a 25-year old man with Lethargy, Add, Secondary Hypogonadism. The patient has Anger, Depression Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Clomipramine Hydrochloride for a 26-year old man with Obsessive-compulsive Disorder. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Recent Marijuana related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.