Review: could Marijuana cause Difficulty breathing (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Difficulty breathing is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Potassium, and have Fibromyalgia.
We study 1,050 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 45 have Difficulty breathing. Find out below who they are, when they have Difficulty breathing and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Marijuana and have Difficulty breathing >>>
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Marijuana 1,354 users)
Difficulty breathing has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.(latest reports from Difficulty breathing 164,496 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 1,050 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 45 people (4.29%) have Difficulty Breathing.
Time on Marijuana when people have Difficulty breathing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Difficulty breathing||33.33%||16.67%||0.00%||33.33%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Difficulty breathing when taking Marijuana * :
|Difficulty breathing||68.09%||31.91% |
Age of people who have Difficulty breathing when taking Marijuana * :
|Difficulty breathing||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||28.89%||42.22%||11.11%||15.56%||2.22% |
Severity of Difficulty breathing when taking Marijuana ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Difficulty breathing||25.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Difficulty breathing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Difficulty breathing||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (8 people, 17.78%)
- Hypothyroidism (7 people, 15.56%)
- Neuralgia (6 people, 13.33%)
- Contraception (6 people, 13.33%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 13.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Potassium (8 people, 17.78%)
- Alprazolam (7 people, 15.56%)
- Lyrica (7 people, 15.56%)
- Neurontin (7 people, 15.56%)
- Trazodone hcl (7 people, 15.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Difficulty Breathing while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Difficulty Breathing
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have Difficulty Breathing
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it ok to take fioricet and albuterol together?
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, and takes Albuterol, Fioricet)
- Could smoking marijuana once cause retinal detachment? after smoking a small amount of mj, my retina detached and i ended up having emergency surgery to mend it.
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Glaucoma Congenital, and takes Marijuana, Latanoprost)
- Has anyone taken marijuana after a anal fissure surgery ? i did took all the pain away i smoked it with a vaporizer.does anyone know the side effects or if i just ruined my future
(Asked by a 34 year old man who has Just Had Anal Fissure Surgery, and takes Marijuana)
- Can excessive consumption of marijuana cause sudden sleeping phobia which lasts longer (in days) ?
(Asked by a 25 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Alcohol, Marijuana)
- Can marijuana be causing serious, long-term muscle weakness?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Muscle Weakness, and takes Marijuana)
More questions for: Marijuana, Difficulty breathing
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension and marijuana
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Tumor - Adrenal, and takes Marijuana)
- Pruritus ani. and marijuana (1 response)
(Posted by a 51 year old man who has Pruritus Ani, and takes Marijuana)
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
- I.c.d. and marijuana use
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure, and takes Marijuana)
- Marijuana is found to help hyposmia
(Posted by a 28 year old woman who has Hyposmia, and takes Marijuana)
More reviews for: Marijuana, Difficulty breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Cannabis, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a patient with Boredom, Anxiety, Creativity., Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Automatism
Comments: Feels like my brain starts to boil.
I also feel like electric waves are pulsating. This only happens sometimes when I smoke cannabis and when it does It makes me constantly "fingerclap" and I feel this happens as a way to endure or handle the brainboiling. I need help.
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a patient with Backaches And Stress. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Comments: I have used oxycodone, methodone, Ibuprofen, tylenol and i have symptoms of back and stomache aches, headaches, weakness, and shortness of breath. I know i have luekopenia i was told by the Dr i seen at emergency.
- A study of side effects of Cannabis for a patient with The Cause. The patient has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Hair Loss, Lethargy (tiredness)
Comments: Patient has been declining after increased marijuana usage. Graves disease like symptoms with weight loss, bulging eyes, mood disorder, lethargic, and loss of appetite. Increased depression and dependency on substances has drastically changed. Appearance and facial structures are predominate.
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a patient with Musculoskeletal Discomfort. The patient has Breathlessness
Comments: i have had breathlessness for about 7 weeks now, i have had an ecg and tested for asthma and both came back normal. it all started from doing weights in the gym and the breathlessness is affecting my active life.
More related studies for: Marijuana, Difficulty breathing
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.