Home > Marijuana > Difficulty breathing > Marijuana and Difficulty breathing
Review: could Marijuana cause Difficulty breathing (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Difficulty breathing is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Potassium, and have Fibromyalgia.
We study 1,044 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 45 have Difficulty breathing. Find out below who they are, when they have Difficulty breathing and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Marijuana and have Difficulty breathing >>>
Marijuana (latest outcomes from 1,345 users) has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Difficulty Breathing (latest reports from 1,368,535 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 1,044 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 44 people (4.21%) have Difficulty Breathing.
Time on Marijuana when people have Difficulty breathing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Difficulty breathing||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Difficulty breathing when taking Marijuana * :
|Difficulty breathing||67.39%||32.61% |
Age of people who have Difficulty breathing when taking Marijuana * :
|Difficulty breathing||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||29.55%||40.91%||11.36%||15.91%||2.27% |
Severity of Difficulty breathing when taking Marijuana ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Difficulty breathing||33.33%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Difficulty breathing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Difficulty breathing||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (8 people, 18.18%)
- Hypothyroidism (7 people, 15.91%)
- Contraception (6 people, 13.64%)
- Neuralgia (6 people, 13.64%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 13.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Potassium (8 people, 18.18%)
- Alprazolam (7 people, 15.91%)
- Lyrica (7 people, 15.91%)
- Trazodone hcl (7 people, 15.91%)
- Neurontin (7 people, 15.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Difficulty Breathing while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Difficulty Breathing
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have Difficulty Breathing
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could smoking marijuana once cause retinal detachment? after smoking a small amount of mj, my retina detached and i ended up having emergency surgery to mend it.
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Glaucoma Congenital, and takes Marijuana, Latanoprost)
I had had laser surgery, cataract surgery much earlier--all successful. Members of my family have glaucoma and so do I. After hearing that marijuana might ease the glaucoma, I smoked one time. That night, my retina began to detach. Is there any causal relationship between the marijuana and the retin ...
- Has anyone taken marijuana after a anal fissure surgery ? i did took all the pain away i smoked it with a vaporizer.does anyone know the side effects or if i just ruined my future
(Asked by a 34 year old man who has Just Had Anal Fissure Surgery, and takes Marijuana)
I had this problem for a yr finaly had surgery the norcos made me feel good but gave me a bad headach and afterwards and needed more .The marijuana in a vaporizer easily had me walking again im just not sure if its harmful to my recovery? Help
- Can excessive consumption of marijuana cause sudden sleeping phobia which lasts longer (in days) ?
(Asked by a 25 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Alcohol, Marijuana)
I have been taking marijuana since 2 years and sleep a lot. I always had sleeping disorder like, If someone is doing anything in my room, I can't sleep. I always think of something before sleeping and then I will have some random dream and sleep long if undisturbed. If someone wakes me up in the mid ...
- Can marijuana be causing serious, long-term muscle weakness?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Muscle Weakness, and takes Marijuana)
I'm almost 65 years old, am a successful, well adjusted professional and have used marijuana on and off for over 45 years. I began using it more heavily about five years ago. Beginning about four years ago I began experiencing serious muscle weakness, in the large muscles. I was a skier, hiker, s ...
- I have been taking iophen cnr liquid for about 6 years now almost every day and now i'm wondering if it has any long term side effects cause im taking it for breathing problems doesnt seem to working
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Breathing Difficulty)
Ok so I've been taking this medicine for 5 to 6 years now almost every day several times a day for a terrible cough I have and breathing issue but under some further investigation I've found that this medication may be making my breathing issues worse when I was told that it would make them better. ...
More questions for: Marijuana, Difficulty breathing
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension and marijuana
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Tumor - Adrenal, and takes Marijuana)
Marijuana does not cause Pulmonary arterial hypertension, instead it treats it. This study proves that the indigenous cannabinoid, anandamide, lowered aldosterone levels, and therefore would lower blood pressure (http://www.odon.uba.ar/uacad/fisiologia/docs/nuevos/expression.pdf).
For more than 15 ...
- Pruritus ani. and marijuana
(Posted by a 51 year old man who has Pruritus Ani, and takes Marijuana)
i just got popped for smoking weed on a drug test 2 weeks ago. OF COURSE i was crushed by this news,BUT,i think not smoking the last 2 weeks has CURED my pruritus ani. I suffered and i mean suffered with this the last 2 years and tried giving up everything i thought might have caused this. Certain f ...
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- I.c.d. and marijuana use
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure, and takes Marijuana)
I suffered a massive myocardial infarction. 2 weeks after went into cardiac arrest, I had an I.C.D.implanted. I currently am on 6 different medications. My anxiety level and depression was ridiculous. Unable to sleep, and function socially, I self medicated myself with Marijuana. For about an 8 week ...
- Marijuana is found to help hyposmia
(Posted by a 28 year old woman who has Hyposmia, and takes Marijuana)
For a woman who remembers being unable to tell what was cooking in her elementary school cafeteria before she actually entered it while her classmates, on the other hand, were, I have found that marijuana improves the sense of smell. While marijuana heightens the senses in general, touch, taste, sig ...
More reviews for: Marijuana, Difficulty breathing
- A study of side effects of Isoptin Sr for a patient with Lower Blood Pressure. The patient has Breathing Difficulty
Comments: we tried 240mg then 180mg then 80mg then 40 amgnd 40mg seemed to be somewhat good
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a patient with Backaches And Stress. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Comments: I have used oxycodone, methodone, Ibuprofen, tylenol and i have symptoms of back and stomache aches, headaches, weakness, and shortness of breath. I know i have luekopenia i was told by the Dr i seen at emergency.
- A study of drug interactions between Lactulose, Bromhexine Hydrochloride, Codeine, Paracetamol, Temazepam, Magnesium Aspartate, Metformin, Aspirin, Telmisartan; Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Constipation, Coughing Up Blood, Cough, Headache, Insomnia, Cramps - Leg, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cardiac Infection, Hypertension. The patient has Conjunctival Pallor, Oxygen Saturation Decreased, Vomiting, Anaemia Folate Deficiency, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Paleness, Chest Pain, Back Pain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Coughing Up Blood, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Marijuana for a patient with Depression, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Breathlessness
Comments: Symptoms are sporadic. Bad for a few days...then nearly absent for a few days, then cycle repeats. When at my worst, have a watery nose and tingling in my extremities.
- A study of side effects of Weed for a patient with None I Just Like To Smoke It. The patient has I'm High I Get Very Hungry It Makes Me Sleepy
Comments: Does smoking weed cause breast lumps
More related studies for: Marijuana, Difficulty breathing
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.