Home > Marijuana > Headache > Marijuana and Headache
Review: could Marijuana cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Tysabri, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 1,044 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 66 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Marijuana and have Headache >>>
Marijuana (latest outcomes from 1,345 users) has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Headache (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,214,769 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 1,044 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 66 people (6.32%) have Headache.
Time on Marijuana when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Marijuana * :
Age of people who have Headache when taking Marijuana * :
Severity of Headache when taking Marijuana ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (52 people, 78.79%)
- Back pain (49 people, 74.24%)
- Spinal column stenosis (48 people, 72.73%)
- Foot fracture (48 people, 72.73%)
- Neck pain (48 people, 72.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tysabri (48 people, 72.73%)
- Neurontin (18 people, 27.27%)
- Percocet (17 people, 25.76%)
- Zometa (16 people, 24.24%)
- Ativan (15 people, 22.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headache while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Headache
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have Headache
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could smoking marijuana once cause retinal detachment? after smoking a small amount of mj, my retina detached and i ended up having emergency surgery to mend it.
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Glaucoma Congenital, and takes Marijuana, Latanoprost)
I had had laser surgery, cataract surgery much earlier--all successful. Members of my family have glaucoma and so do I. After hearing that marijuana might ease the glaucoma, I smoked one time. That night, my retina began to detach. Is there any causal relationship between the marijuana and the retin ...
- Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Headache, and takes Tylenol)
Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength?
- Has anyone taken marijuana after a anal fissure surgery ? i did took all the pain away i smoked it with a vaporizer.does anyone know the side effects or if i just ruined my future
(Asked by a 34 year old man who has Just Had Anal Fissure Surgery, and takes Marijuana)
I had this problem for a yr finaly had surgery the norcos made me feel good but gave me a bad headach and afterwards and needed more .The marijuana in a vaporizer easily had me walking again im just not sure if its harmful to my recovery? Help
- What causes a headache only when coughing or shaking the head?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Headache, and takes Benadryl)
Head hurts only when shaken or I cough. I suspect benadryl or amytriptaline
- Can excessive consumption of marijuana cause sudden sleeping phobia which lasts longer (in days) ?
(Asked by a 25 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Alcohol, Marijuana)
I have been taking marijuana since 2 years and sleep a lot. I always had sleeping disorder like, If someone is doing anything in my room, I can't sleep. I always think of something before sleeping and then I will have some random dream and sleep long if undisturbed. If someone wakes me up in the mid ...
More questions for: Marijuana, Headache
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension and marijuana
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Tumor - Adrenal, and takes Marijuana)
Marijuana does not cause Pulmonary arterial hypertension, instead it treats it. This study proves that the indigenous cannabinoid, anandamide, lowered aldosterone levels, and therefore would lower blood pressure (http://www.odon.uba.ar/uacad/fisiologia/docs/nuevos/expression.pdf).
For more than 15 ...
- Pruritus ani. and marijuana
(Posted by a 51 year old man who has Pruritus Ani, and takes Marijuana)
i just got popped for smoking weed on a drug test 2 weeks ago. OF COURSE i was crushed by this news,BUT,i think not smoking the last 2 weeks has CURED my pruritus ani. I suffered and i mean suffered with this the last 2 years and tried giving up everything i thought might have caused this. Certain f ...
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Headache, Facial Muscle Twitching, Red Face, and takes Raspberry Ketone)
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- Still ill after several years
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
More reviews for: Marijuana, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Rifampin, Ethambutol Hydrochloride, Clarithromycin for a patient with Tuberculosis Test Positive. The patient has Headache, Weight Gain - Unintentional
daily constant headache
continuing cyanosis (nobody seems to tell me why....!)
bloating of tummy area and waistline
swollen and tender breasts (at sides)
severe acid reflux
tingling / burning sensation in my fee ...
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Flonase, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent for a patient with Exposure To Allergen, Postnasal Drip, Muscle Tightness, Sudden & Persistant Cough Spasms When Exposed To Mainly 2nd Hand Smoke. The patient has Upper-airway Cough Syndrome, Headache, Rhinitis, Copd, Asthma, Allergic Cough
Comments: Recently referred by GP to Pulmonologist for recurring sudden severe cough spasms which started about 2-3 months ago mainly due to 2nd hand smoke from a neighbor in an adjacent apartment. Pulmonology appt. scheduled in 2 weeks. Under allergist until Sept 2013 when I got laid off for similar symptoms ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Ambien, Norco, Vyvanse for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia, Back Injury, Add. The patient has Sweating Increased, Fatigue, Swelling Of Fingers, Hand Or Foot Spasms, Intranasal Numbness, Ear Discomfort, Headache, Skin Eruption, Eyes - Dry, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain - Joints
Comments: Had an emergency appendectomy in February with complications.... have lived with joint, muscle pain most of my adult life. Constant stomach problems from a young wage. IBS, constipation, nausea, loss of appetite. Feel like I am basically a failure, unable to keep a permanent job. Marriage is on verg ...
- A study of drug interactions between Marijuana, Elavil, Ibuprofen, Lyrica for a patient with Shock, Chronic Depression, Pain - Back, Post-traumatic Headache. The patient has Heartbeat Sensations, Anger
Comments: Elavil, 25mg @ night stopped an 11 month chronic headache after a head injury, I sustained 1 1/2 years ago.
Additionally, Neurologist prescribed 100 mg Lyrica for chronic back/nerve pain from moderate/severe spinal injuries, sustained 20+ years earlier. (Crushed/cracked verabrae and 3 intervertebra ...
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Estradiol for a patient with General Physical Condition, Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Headache
Comments: Headache always on the left side. From Occiput to just underneath Left eyebrow: inner aspect at curvature. I have scalp psoriasis and a chronic lesion over the left side muscle coming from occiput region of scalp (as well as another chronic lesion over my left ear/post-temporal area. When occiputal ...
More related studies for: Marijuana, Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.