Review: could Marijuana cause Heart palpitations?
Summary: Heart palpitations is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 1,087 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Heart palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Marijuana and have Heart palpitations >>>
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 1,391 Marijuana users)
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,177 Heart palpitations patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 1,087 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 19 people (1.75%) have Heart Palpitations.
Time on Marijuana when people have Heart palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Marijuana * :
|Heart palpitations||47.37%||52.63% |
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Marijuana * :
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||0.00%||5.26%||15.79%||15.79%||26.32%||36.84%||0.00% |
Severity of Heart palpitations when taking Marijuana ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||42.86%||42.86%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Heart palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart palpitations||20.00%||20.00%||60.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (5 people, 26.32%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 15.79%)
- Depression (3 people, 15.79%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (2 people, 10.53%)
- Contraception (2 people, 10.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (6 people, 31.58%)
- Acetaminophen and oxycodone hcl (5 people, 26.32%)
- Furosemide (5 people, 26.32%)
- Insulin (5 people, 26.32%)
- Perindopril erbumine (5 people, 26.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of marijuana and heart palpitations on
Do you have Heart Palpitations while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Heart Palpitations
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have Heart Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 68-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Marijuana, Coffee, Aleve, Tylenol, Vistaril, Klonopin, Provigil, Adderall 30, Wellbutrin Sr, Viibryd, Lamictal for a 30-year old man with Malnutrition, Stress, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Pain, Headache, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 22-year old man with ADHD. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of side effects of Pregabalin for a 32-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Ciprofloxacin Extended Release for a 68-year old woman with Diverticulitis. The patient has Heart Palpitations
Recent Marijuana related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Marijuana, Vyvanse, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lithium Citrate for a 45-year old woman who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Marijuana, Buspar for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Marijuana for a 50-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Marijuana, Arginine, Atenolol for a 64-year old man who has Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.