Home > Marijuana > High blood sugar > Marijuana and High blood sugar
Review: could Marijuana cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is reported only by a few people who take Marijuana.
We study 1,050 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Marijuana and have High blood sugar >>>
Marijuana (latest outcomes from 1,347 users) has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) (latest reports from 16,702 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder.
On Nov, 27, 2014: 1,050 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 5 people (0.48%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Marijuana when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Marijuana * :
|High blood sugar||40.00%||60.00% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Marijuana * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Marijuana ** :
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (2 people, 40.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 40.00%)
- Schizophrenia (2 people, 40.00%)
- Mental disorder (2 people, 40.00%)
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (2 people, 40.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Gabapentin (3 people, 60.00%)
- Omeprazole (2 people, 40.00%)
- Albuterol sulfate and ipratropium bromide (2 people, 40.00%)
- Zofran (2 people, 40.00%)
- Ativan (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could smoking marijuana once cause retinal detachment? after smoking a small amount of mj, my retina detached and i ended up having emergency surgery to mend it.
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Glaucoma Congenital, and takes Marijuana, Latanoprost)
I had had laser surgery, cataract surgery much earlier--all successful. Members of my family have glaucoma and so do I. After hearing that marijuana might ease the glaucoma, I smoked one time. That night, my retina began to detach. Is there any causal relationship between the marijuana and the retin ...
- Has anyone taken marijuana after a anal fissure surgery ? i did took all the pain away i smoked it with a vaporizer.does anyone know the side effects or if i just ruined my future
(Asked by a 34 year old man who has Just Had Anal Fissure Surgery, and takes Marijuana)
I had this problem for a yr finaly had surgery the norcos made me feel good but gave me a bad headach and afterwards and needed more .The marijuana in a vaporizer easily had me walking again im just not sure if its harmful to my recovery? Help
- Can excessive consumption of marijuana cause sudden sleeping phobia which lasts longer (in days) ?
(Asked by a 25 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Alcohol, Marijuana)
I have been taking marijuana since 2 years and sleep a lot. I always had sleeping disorder like, If someone is doing anything in my room, I can't sleep. I always think of something before sleeping and then I will have some random dream and sleep long if undisturbed. If someone wakes me up in the mid ...
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Potassium - Low, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, and takes Simvastatin, Losartan, Hctz)
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- Can marijuana be causing serious, long-term muscle weakness?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Muscle Weakness, and takes Marijuana)
I'm almost 65 years old, am a successful, well adjusted professional and have used marijuana on and off for over 45 years. I began using it more heavily about five years ago. Beginning about four years ago I began experiencing serious muscle weakness, in the large muscles. I was a skier, hiker, s ...
More questions for: Marijuana, High blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension and marijuana
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Tumor - Adrenal, and takes Marijuana)
Marijuana does not cause Pulmonary arterial hypertension, instead it treats it. This study proves that the indigenous cannabinoid, anandamide, lowered aldosterone levels, and therefore would lower blood pressure (http://www.odon.uba.ar/uacad/fisiologia/docs/nuevos/expression.pdf).
For more than 15 ...
- Pruritus ani. and marijuana
(Posted by a 51 year old man who has Pruritus Ani, and takes Marijuana)
i just got popped for smoking weed on a drug test 2 weeks ago. OF COURSE i was crushed by this news,BUT,i think not smoking the last 2 weeks has CURED my pruritus ani. I suffered and i mean suffered with this the last 2 years and tried giving up everything i thought might have caused this. Certain f ...
- I.c.d. and marijuana use
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure, and takes Marijuana)
I suffered a massive myocardial infarction. 2 weeks after went into cardiac arrest, I had an I.C.D.implanted. I currently am on 6 different medications. My anxiety level and depression was ridiculous. Unable to sleep, and function socially, I self medicated myself with Marijuana. For about an 8 week ...
- Marijuana is found to help hyposmia
(Posted by a 28 year old woman who has Hyposmia, and takes Marijuana)
For a woman who remembers being unable to tell what was cooking in her elementary school cafeteria before she actually entered it while her classmates, on the other hand, were, I have found that marijuana improves the sense of smell. While marijuana heightens the senses in general, touch, taste, sig ...
- Marijuana effect on oa pain
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Severe Ostioarthritis Pain, OA, and takes Marijuana)
I have severe OA ( hips, knees replaced) cervical and lumbar spine require fusing both shoulders need replacing.This is Ortho doc talking not me. I get no relief from non-steroidal anti inflammatory or only short relief from steroid injections. oxicodine does work when pain is intollerable but Fear ...
More reviews for: Marijuana, High blood sugar
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of side effects of Cannabis for a patient with The Cause. The patient has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Hair Loss, Lethargy (tiredness)
Comments: Patient has been declining after increased marijuana usage. Graves disease like symptoms with weight loss, bulging eyes, mood disorder, lethargic, and loss of appetite. Increased depression and dependency on substances has drastically changed. Appearance and facial structures are predominate.
- A study of drug interactions between Marijuana, Vyvanse for a patient with Stress, Adhd. The patient has Abdominal Pain
Comments: My biology lecture just finished and I stood up and I had a sharp pain in the bottom right part of my abdomen. I paused from moving for a couple of minutes, it went away, and then about 20 minutes later it happened again. I tried to sit down but it hurt even more.
- A study of side effects of Spironolactone W/ Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hair Loss In Women. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: I just had radical hysterectomy 8 weeks ago. I was under general anesthesia for 6 hours. I take spironolactone 100mg x2/day, HRT, Ambien, and Nicorette gum 2 mg. PCP wants me to discontinue Spiro, but this time is crucial for me to continue Spiro. Do I decrease Spiro to 100mg or spiro completely and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Poison Tobacco, Cannabis for a patient with N-a-g. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation
Comments: Atrial fibrillation trigger by panic attack recently after smoking a medium-moderate amount of cannabis mixed with tobacco
No A-fib after use has been discontinued
No panic attacks after use discontinued
More related studies for: Marijuana, High blood sugar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.