Review: could Marijuana cause Hypertension (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Hypertension is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, also take medication Vicodin, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 1,087 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 33 have Hypertension. Find out below who they are, when they have Hypertension and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Marijuana and have Hypertension >>>
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 1,390 Marijuana users)
Hypertension (high blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 352,051 Hypertension patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 1,087 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 34 people (3.13%) have Hypertension.
Time on Marijuana when people have Hypertension * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hypertension when taking Marijuana * :
Age of people who have Hypertension when taking Marijuana * :
Severity of Hypertension when taking Marijuana ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hypertension ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (8 people, 23.53%)
- Breast cancer (7 people, 20.59%)
- Fibromyalgia (7 people, 20.59%)
- Granulocytopenia (7 people, 20.59%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (7 people, 20.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vicodin (16 people, 47.06%)
- Neurontin (16 people, 47.06%)
- Fluconazole (16 people, 47.06%)
- Zometa (14 people, 41.18%)
- Ativan (14 people, 41.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of marijuana and hypertension on
Do you have Hypertension while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Hypertension
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have Hypertension
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Marijuana for a 16-year old girl with Goodpasture Syndrome.
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 36-year old woman with Postpartum State. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Felodipine, Atenolol, Ramipril, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3 for a 43-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Pain - Back. The patient has Adrenal Mass, High Blood Pressure, Herniated Intervertebral Disk
Recent Marijuana related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Marijuana for a 50-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Marijuana, Arginine, Atenolol for a 64-year old man who has Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Cannabis Sativa, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 23-year old woman who has Borderline Personality Disorder
- Comparions of Cabergoline, Marijuana for a 43-year old woman who has Pituitary Tumour
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.