Review: could Marijuana cause Joint pain?
Summary: Joint pain is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Tysabri, and have Back pain.
We study 1,087 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 34 have Joint pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Joint pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Marijuana and have Joint pain >>>
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 1,391 Marijuana users)
Joint pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 118,897 Joint pain patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 1,087 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 34 people (3.13%) have Joint Pain.
Time on Marijuana when people have Joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Joint pain when taking Marijuana * :
|Joint pain||83.93%||16.07% |
Age of people who have Joint pain when taking Marijuana * :
|Joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.93%||17.86%||48.21%||23.21%||1.79% |
Severity of Joint pain when taking Marijuana ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Joint pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Back pain (24 people, 70.59%)
- Intervertebral disc protrusion (24 people, 70.59%)
- Hypoaesthesia (24 people, 70.59%)
- Central nervous system lesion (24 people, 70.59%)
- Arthritis (24 people, 70.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tysabri (24 people, 70.59%)
- Atenolol (13 people, 38.24%)
- Dexamethasone (13 people, 38.24%)
- Radiation therapy (13 people, 38.24%)
- Zometa (13 people, 38.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of marijuana and joint pain on
Do you have Joint Pain while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Joint Pain
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have Joint Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Marijuana for a 16-year old girl with Goodpasture Syndrome.
- A study of side effects of Marijuana for a 18-year old boy with Recreational Use. The patient has Testicular Pain
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a 26-year old man with Bipolar 1. The patient has Spina Bifida, Small Rash On Cheeks, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Joint Aches
- A study of drug interactions between Zorvolex, Simvastatin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 61-year old woman with Pain - Bones, High Blood Cholesterol, Autoimmune Disorder, Tachycardia. The patient has Muscle Pain, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Joint Pain, Joint Stiffness, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a 54-year old woman with CML. The patient has Pain - Joints
Recent Marijuana related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Marijuana for a 50-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Marijuana, Arginine, Atenolol for a 64-year old man who has Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Cannabis Sativa, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 23-year old woman who has Borderline Personality Disorder
- Comparions of Cabergoline, Marijuana for a 43-year old woman who has Pituitary Tumour
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.