Home > Marijuana > Joint pain > Marijuana and Joint pain
Review: could Marijuana cause Joint pain?
Summary: Joint pain is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Tysabri, and have Back pain.
We study 1,050 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 34 have Joint pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Joint pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Marijuana and have Joint pain >>>
Marijuana (latest outcomes from 1,347 users) has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Joint pain (latest reports from 117,673 patients) has been reported by people with hypothyroidism, birth control, infection, nervous system disorder, laxative supportive care.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 1,044 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 34 people (3.26%) have Joint Pain.
Time on Marijuana when people have Joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Joint pain when taking Marijuana * :
|Joint pain||83.93%||16.07% |
Age of people who have Joint pain when taking Marijuana * :
|Joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.93%||17.86%||48.21%||23.21%||1.79% |
Severity of Joint pain when taking Marijuana ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Joint pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Back pain (24 people, 70.59%)
- Intervertebral disc protrusion (24 people, 70.59%)
- Hypoaesthesia (24 people, 70.59%)
- Central nervous system lesion (24 people, 70.59%)
- Arthritis (24 people, 70.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tysabri (24 people, 70.59%)
- Atenolol (13 people, 38.24%)
- Dexamethasone (13 people, 38.24%)
- Radiation therapy (13 people, 38.24%)
- Zometa (13 people, 38.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Joint Pain while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Joint Pain
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have Joint Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could smoking marijuana once cause retinal detachment? after smoking a small amount of mj, my retina detached and i ended up having emergency surgery to mend it.
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Glaucoma Congenital, and takes Marijuana, Latanoprost)
I had had laser surgery, cataract surgery much earlier--all successful. Members of my family have glaucoma and so do I. After hearing that marijuana might ease the glaucoma, I smoked one time. That night, my retina began to detach. Is there any causal relationship between the marijuana and the retin ...
- Has anyone taken marijuana after a anal fissure surgery ? i did took all the pain away i smoked it with a vaporizer.does anyone know the side effects or if i just ruined my future
(Asked by a 34 year old man who has Just Had Anal Fissure Surgery, and takes Marijuana)
I had this problem for a yr finaly had surgery the norcos made me feel good but gave me a bad headach and afterwards and needed more .The marijuana in a vaporizer easily had me walking again im just not sure if its harmful to my recovery? Help
- Can excessive consumption of marijuana cause sudden sleeping phobia which lasts longer (in days) ?
(Asked by a 25 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Alcohol, Marijuana)
I have been taking marijuana since 2 years and sleep a lot. I always had sleeping disorder like, If someone is doing anything in my room, I can't sleep. I always think of something before sleeping and then I will have some random dream and sleep long if undisturbed. If someone wakes me up in the mid ...
- Can marijuana be causing serious, long-term muscle weakness?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Muscle Weakness, and takes Marijuana)
I'm almost 65 years old, am a successful, well adjusted professional and have used marijuana on and off for over 45 years. I began using it more heavily about five years ago. Beginning about four years ago I began experiencing serious muscle weakness, in the large muscles. I was a skier, hiker, s ...
- Does neurontin cause arthritis. after taking it for 3 months, i started ints.
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Joint Pain, and takes Neurontin)
After having sciatic pain for almost a year, a doctor prescribed Neurontin. I took it for 3 months until I started getting severe joint pain. I weened myself off of it a month ago and am still having severe joint pain. There has not been any other changes in my life except Neurontin. Does this go ...
More questions for: Marijuana, Joint pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension and marijuana
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Tumor - Adrenal, and takes Marijuana)
Marijuana does not cause Pulmonary arterial hypertension, instead it treats it. This study proves that the indigenous cannabinoid, anandamide, lowered aldosterone levels, and therefore would lower blood pressure (http://www.odon.uba.ar/uacad/fisiologia/docs/nuevos/expression.pdf).
For more than 15 ...
- Pruritus ani. and marijuana
(Posted by a 51 year old man who has Pruritus Ani, and takes Marijuana)
i just got popped for smoking weed on a drug test 2 weeks ago. OF COURSE i was crushed by this news,BUT,i think not smoking the last 2 weeks has CURED my pruritus ani. I suffered and i mean suffered with this the last 2 years and tried giving up everything i thought might have caused this. Certain f ...
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Cymbalta caused joint pain
(Posted by a 50 year old man who has Pain - Joints, and takes Cymbalta)
I had taken Cymbalta for about 1.5 years and after taking it for a few months, I started having widespread joint pain. The joint pain has gotten worse and is becoming debilitating. Joint pain in the literature as a side affect of the drug but the joint pain seems to be permanent! I have not taken Cy ...
- Xylitol caused joint pain
(Posted by a 1 year old girl who has Joint Pain, and takes Xylitol )
For over a year I was chewing nicotine gum with xylitol. During that period I developed worsening joint pain to the stage where I was diagnosed with fybromyalgia (there was no other explanation for the pain). The chemist changed the brand of 2mg gum and I instantly felt better chewing it. After a ...
More reviews for: Marijuana, Joint pain
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of side effects of Cannabis for a patient with The Cause. The patient has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Hair Loss, Lethargy (tiredness)
Comments: Patient has been declining after increased marijuana usage. Graves disease like symptoms with weight loss, bulging eyes, mood disorder, lethargic, and loss of appetite. Increased depression and dependency on substances has drastically changed. Appearance and facial structures are predominate.
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of drug interactions between Marijuana, Vyvanse for a patient with Stress, Adhd. The patient has Abdominal Pain
Comments: My biology lecture just finished and I stood up and I had a sharp pain in the bottom right part of my abdomen. I paused from moving for a couple of minutes, it went away, and then about 20 minutes later it happened again. I tried to sit down but it hurt even more.
- A study of side effects of Norco for a patient with Brain Surgery. The patient has Joint Pain
Comments: I had surgery 5 weeks ago. Was on Norco before surgery and then after surgery. After surgery I developed terrible joint pain in fingers, knees, and terrible pain in bottom of feet. Difficult to walk
More related studies for: Marijuana, Joint pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.