Review: could Marijuana cause Kidney failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Kidney failure is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, also take medication Oxycodone hcl, and have Hypercalcaemia.
We study 1,085 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Kidney failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Marijuana and have Kidney failure >>>
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 1,384 Marijuana users)
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, multiple myeloma, diabetes, pain. (latest reports from 57,659 Kidney failure patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 1,085 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 8 people (0.74%) have Kidney Failure.
Time on Marijuana when people have Kidney failure * :
Gender of people who have Kidney failure when taking Marijuana * :
|Kidney failure||37.50%||62.50% |
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Marijuana * :
|Kidney failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||62.50%||25.00% |
Severity of Kidney failure when taking Marijuana ** :
How people recovered from Kidney failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercalcaemia (5 people, 62.50%)
- Pyoderma gangrenosum (2 people, 25.00%)
- Crohn's disease (2 people, 25.00%)
- Endocarditis (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (6 people, 75.00%)
- Diazepam (5 people, 62.50%)
- Zometa (5 people, 62.50%)
- Skelaxin (5 people, 62.50%)
- Dexamethasone (5 people, 62.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Marijuana and kidney failure on
Do you have Kidney Failure while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Kidney Failure
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have Kidney failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Marijuana related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Marijuana for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Marijuana, Norco for a 20-year old woman who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Adderall, Marijuana, Focalin Xr for a 19-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Daytrana, Marijuana, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 21-year old man who has Anxiety Depression Insomnia Panic Attacks
- Comparions of Nicotine, Marijuana, Herbal Ecstasy, Cocaine Plant, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a 19-year old girl who has Oily Skin
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.