Review: could Marijuana cause Migraines (Migraine)?
Summary: Migraines is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Tysabri, and have Neck pain.
We study 1,050 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 20 have Migraines. Find out below who they are, when they have Migraines and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Marijuana and have Migraines >>>
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Marijuana 1,354 users)
Migraines (headache) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, pain.(latest reports from Migraines 47,043 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 1,050 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 20 people (1.90%) have Migraines.
Time on Marijuana when people have Migraines * :
Gender of people who have Migraines when taking Marijuana * :
Age of people who have Migraines when taking Marijuana * :
Severity of Migraines when taking Marijuana ** :
How people recovered from Migraines ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Neck pain (20 people, 100.00%)
- Spinal column stenosis (20 people, 100.00%)
- Back pain (20 people, 100.00%)
- Hypoaesthesia (20 people, 100.00%)
- Multiple sclerosis (20 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tysabri (20 people, 100.00%)
- Nolvadex (9 people, 45.00%)
- Lidoderm (9 people, 45.00%)
- Cytoxan (9 people, 45.00%)
- Metoclopramide (9 people, 45.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Migraines while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Migraines
- support group for people who take Marijuana
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Why when i have a migraine i feel the need to eat more and more?
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Migraine)
Can someone please help me why when I get a migraine I have the need for excessive eating? I get the feeling that if I eat more I will feel better. I am now 43 years old woman and my migraines the last three years get worse and worse. Both more intense and more often ( like twice or even three times ...
- Could smoking marijuana once cause retinal detachment? after smoking a small amount of mj, my retina detached and i ended up having emergency surgery to mend it.
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Glaucoma Congenital, and takes Marijuana, Latanoprost)
I had had laser surgery, cataract surgery much earlier--all successful. Members of my family have glaucoma and so do I. After hearing that marijuana might ease the glaucoma, I smoked one time. That night, my retina began to detach. Is there any causal relationship between the marijuana and the retin ...
- Has anyone taken marijuana after a anal fissure surgery ? i did took all the pain away i smoked it with a vaporizer.does anyone know the side effects or if i just ruined my future
(Asked by a 34 year old man who has Just Had Anal Fissure Surgery, and takes Marijuana)
I had this problem for a yr finaly had surgery the norcos made me feel good but gave me a bad headach and afterwards and needed more .The marijuana in a vaporizer easily had me walking again im just not sure if its harmful to my recovery? Help
- Can excessive consumption of marijuana cause sudden sleeping phobia which lasts longer (in days) ?
(Asked by a 25 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Alcohol, Marijuana)
I have been taking marijuana since 2 years and sleep a lot. I always had sleeping disorder like, If someone is doing anything in my room, I can't sleep. I always think of something before sleeping and then I will have some random dream and sleep long if undisturbed. If someone wakes me up in the mid ...
- Can marijuana be causing serious, long-term muscle weakness?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Muscle Weakness, and takes Marijuana)
I'm almost 65 years old, am a successful, well adjusted professional and have used marijuana on and off for over 45 years. I began using it more heavily about five years ago. Beginning about four years ago I began experiencing serious muscle weakness, in the large muscles. I was a skier, hiker, s ...
More questions for: Marijuana, Migraines
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension and marijuana
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Tumor - Adrenal, and takes Marijuana)
Marijuana does not cause Pulmonary arterial hypertension, instead it treats it. This study proves that the indigenous cannabinoid, anandamide, lowered aldosterone levels, and therefore would lower blood pressure (http://www.odon.uba.ar/uacad/fisiologia/docs/nuevos/expression.pdf).
For more than 15 ...
- Pruritus ani. and marijuana (1 response)
(Posted by a 51 year old man who has Pruritus Ani, and takes Marijuana)
i just got popped for smoking weed on a drug test 2 weeks ago. OF COURSE i was crushed by this news,BUT,i think not smoking the last 2 weeks has CURED my pruritus ani. I suffered and i mean suffered with this the last 2 years and tried giving up everything i thought might have caused this. Certain f ...
- Imetrix verses butalb/acet/caffeine
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Migraines, and takes Imitrex)
I have taken both Imitrex and Butalb/acet/caffeine and I have to say that Imitrex works far better than the other one! The substitute I was given for Imitrex doesn't even touch my migraine pain.
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Meniere's Disease, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Migraines, and takes Fexofenadine Hydrochloride)
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- I.c.d. and marijuana use
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure, and takes Marijuana)
I suffered a massive myocardial infarction. 2 weeks after went into cardiac arrest, I had an I.C.D.implanted. I currently am on 6 different medications. My anxiety level and depression was ridiculous. Unable to sleep, and function socially, I self medicated myself with Marijuana. For about an 8 week ...
More reviews for: Marijuana, Migraines
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Ipratropium Bromide, Flonase for a patient with Asthma, Stuffy Nose. The patient has Migraine, Migraine, Migraine, Migraine
Comments: I started having chronic, severe migraines 7 months ago and they still continue. I struggle with stuffed up sinuses, especially on the right side and that is where the migraine is felt most. When my sinuses feel stuffed up, it effects my asthma.
- A study of drug interactions between Cannabis, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a patient with Boredom, Anxiety, Creativity., Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Automatism
Comments: Feels like my brain starts to boil.
I also feel like electric waves are pulsating. This only happens sometimes when I smoke cannabis and when it does It makes me constantly "fingerclap" and I feel this happens as a way to endure or handle the brainboiling. I need help.
- A study of side effects of Cannabis for a patient with The Cause. The patient has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Hair Loss, Lethargy (tiredness)
Comments: Patient has been declining after increased marijuana usage. Graves disease like symptoms with weight loss, bulging eyes, mood disorder, lethargic, and loss of appetite. Increased depression and dependency on substances has drastically changed. Appearance and facial structures are predominate.
- A study of drug interactions between Marijuana, Vyvanse for a patient with Stress, Adhd. The patient has Abdominal Pain
Comments: My biology lecture just finished and I stood up and I had a sharp pain in the bottom right part of my abdomen. I paused from moving for a couple of minutes, it went away, and then about 20 minutes later it happened again. I tried to sit down but it hurt even more.
- A study of side effects of Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Migraine (headache)
Comments: was recently in-between insurance so went off diltiazem for high blood pressure for one month...persistent (bordering on chronic) migraine headaches dissipated after approx one week off medication and continued migraine free until restarted regular full dose diltiazem (120 mg 2x daily) after 6 weeks ...
More related studies for: Marijuana, Migraines
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.