Review: could Marijuana cause Muscle weakness (Weakness)?
Summary: Muscle weakness is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Neurontin, and have Fibromyalgia.
We study 1,087 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 48 have Muscle weakness. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle weakness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Marijuana and have Muscle weakness >>>
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 1,391 Marijuana users)
Muscle weakness (a lack of muscle strength) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 182,307 Muscle weakness patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 1,087 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 49 people (4.51%) have Muscle Weakness.
Time on Marijuana when people have Muscle weakness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle weakness||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||25.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Marijuana * :
|Muscle weakness||58.00%||42.00% |
Age of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Marijuana * :
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||26.09%||21.74%||13.04%||34.78%||4.35% |
Severity of Muscle weakness when taking Marijuana ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||44.44%||33.33%||22.22% |
How people recovered from Muscle weakness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle weakness||33.33%||16.67%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (14 people, 28.57%)
- Breast cancer (9 people, 18.37%)
- Granulocytopenia (9 people, 18.37%)
- Pain (8 people, 16.33%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (7 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (13 people, 26.53%)
- Cytoxan (13 people, 26.53%)
- Lasix (13 people, 26.53%)
- Cymbalta (12 people, 24.49%)
- Zometa (11 people, 22.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Weakness while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Muscle Weakness
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have Muscle Weakness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Marijuana, Coffee, Aleve, Tylenol, Vistaril, Klonopin, Provigil, Adderall 30, Wellbutrin Sr, Viibryd, Lamictal for a 30-year old man with Malnutrition, Stress, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Pain, Headache, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of side effects of Compazine for a 80-year old woman with Nausea. The patient has Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin-vk, Phentermine, Mirena for a 36-year old woman with Antibiotic Level, Weight Loss, Birth Control. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Low Platelet Count, Sinus Infection, Aches - Leg, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim for a 21-year old woman with UTI. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Confusion, Weakness, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Lexapro, Risperdal, Concerta, Accutane for a 17-year old girl with Stomach Discomfort, Anxiety Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Adhd, Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Painful Menstrual Periods, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness
Recent Marijuana related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Marijuana, Vyvanse, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lithium Citrate for a 45-year old woman who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Marijuana, Buspar for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Marijuana for a 50-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Marijuana, Arginine, Atenolol for a 64-year old man who has Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.