Review: could Marijuana cause Muscle weakness (Weakness)?
Summary: Muscle weakness is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Neurontin, and have Fibromyalgia.
We study 1,085 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 48 have Muscle weakness. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle weakness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Marijuana and have Muscle weakness >>>
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 1,387 Marijuana users)
Muscle weakness (a lack of muscle strength) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 182,255 Muscle weakness patients)
On Mar, 8, 2015: 1,085 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 49 people (4.52%) have Muscle Weakness.
Time on Marijuana when people have Muscle weakness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle weakness||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||25.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Marijuana * :
|Muscle weakness||58.00%||42.00% |
Age of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Marijuana * :
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||26.09%||21.74%||13.04%||34.78%||4.35% |
Severity of Muscle weakness when taking Marijuana ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||44.44%||33.33%||22.22% |
How people recovered from Muscle weakness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle weakness||33.33%||16.67%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (14 people, 28.57%)
- Breast cancer (9 people, 18.37%)
- Granulocytopenia (9 people, 18.37%)
- Pain (8 people, 16.33%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (7 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (13 people, 26.53%)
- Cytoxan (13 people, 26.53%)
- Lasix (13 people, 26.53%)
- Cymbalta (12 people, 24.49%)
- Zometa (11 people, 22.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Weakness while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Muscle Weakness
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have Muscle Weakness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lithium Carbonate for a 32-year old woman with Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Weakness, Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Dizziness Aggravated, Nausea, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Armour Thyroid, Prilosec, Claritin for a 48-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Acid Reflux, Allergic Sinusitis. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Caffeine, Cannabis Sativa, Vyvanse, Testosterone Enanthate for a 25-year old man with Lethargy, Add, Secondary Hypogonadism. The patient has Anger, Depression Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 71-year old man with RA. The patient has Itching - Burning Eyes, Muscle Weakness (a lack of muscle strength)
Recent Marijuana related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.