Review: could Marijuana cause Palpitations (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Palpitations is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 1,087 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Marijuana and have Palpitations >>>
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 1,391 Marijuana users)
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,253 Palpitations patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 1,087 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 19 people (1.75%) have Palpitations.
Time on Marijuana when people have Palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Palpitations when taking Marijuana * :
Age of people who have Palpitations when taking Marijuana * :
Severity of Palpitations when taking Marijuana ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (5 people, 26.32%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 15.79%)
- Depression (3 people, 15.79%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (2 people, 10.53%)
- Contraception (2 people, 10.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (6 people, 31.58%)
- Acetaminophen and oxycodone hcl (5 people, 26.32%)
- Furosemide (5 people, 26.32%)
- Insulin (5 people, 26.32%)
- Perindopril erbumine (5 people, 26.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of marijuana and palpitations on
Do you have Palpitations while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Palpitations
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Marijuana for a 16-year old girl with Goodpasture Syndrome.
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a 34-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Depression, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Palpitations, Tongue Irritation, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Marijuana for a 18-year old boy with Recreational Use. The patient has Testicular Pain
- A study of side effects of Daytrana for a 21-year old man with ADHD. The patient has Heart Palpitations
Recent Marijuana related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Marijuana for a 50-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Marijuana, Arginine, Atenolol for a 64-year old man who has Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Cannabis Sativa, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 23-year old woman who has Borderline Personality Disorder
- Comparions of Cabergoline, Marijuana for a 43-year old woman who has Pituitary Tumour
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.