Review: could Marijuana cause Restless leg syndrome?
Summary: Restless leg syndrome is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Nausea.
We study 1,087 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Restless leg syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless leg syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Marijuana and have Restless leg syndrome >>>
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 1,390 Marijuana users)
Restless leg syndrome
Restless leg syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 17,498 Restless leg syndrome patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 1,087 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 8 people (0.74%) have Restless Leg Syndrome.
Time on Marijuana when people have Restless leg syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Marijuana * :
|Restless leg syndrome||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Marijuana * :
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||62.50%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
Severity of Restless leg syndrome when taking Marijuana ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Restless leg syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Nausea (5 people, 62.50%)
- Pain (5 people, 62.50%)
- Mood swings (4 people, 50.00%)
- Insomnia (4 people, 50.00%)
- Fibromyalgia (2 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (7 people, 87.50%)
- Propranolol (5 people, 62.50%)
- Cocaine (5 people, 62.50%)
- Vicodin es (5 people, 62.50%)
- Seroquel (5 people, 62.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of marijuana and restless leg syndrome on
Do you have Restless Leg Syndrome while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Restless Leg Syndrome
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have Restless Leg Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Marijuana for a 16-year old girl with Goodpasture Syndrome.
- A study of side effects of Haloperidol for a 35-year old man with Schizophrenia. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of side effects of Marijuana for a 18-year old boy with Recreational Use. The patient has Testicular Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Multivitamin, Tri-linyah, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Celexa, Adderall 30 for a 31-year old woman with Enteral Nutrition, Birth Control, Hypertension, Ocd, Adhd. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Tribulis Terrestris, Marijuana for a 29-year old man with Testosterone, Stress. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
Recent Marijuana related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Marijuana for a 50-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Marijuana, Arginine, Atenolol for a 64-year old man who has Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Cannabis Sativa, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 23-year old woman who has Borderline Personality Disorder
- Comparions of Cabergoline, Marijuana for a 43-year old woman who has Pituitary Tumour
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.