Marijuana and Shingles - from FDA reports
Shingles is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old also take medication Lyrica, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Shingles with Marijuana. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,634 people who have side effects when taking Marijuana from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
2,634 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana.
Among them, 8 people (0.3%) have Shingles
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Shingles when taking Marijuana *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Shingles when taking Marijuana *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 14.29 %
- 40-49: 28.57 %
- 50-59: 42.86 %
- 60+: 14.29 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (4 people, 50.00%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (3 people, 37.50%)
- Restless Leg Syndrome (2 people, 25.00%)
- Muscle Spasticity (2 people, 25.00%)
- Herpes Virus Infection (1 person, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lyrica (6 people, 75.00%)
- Humira (5 people, 62.50%)
- Plaquenil (4 people, 50.00%)
- Orencia (3 people, 37.50%)
- Actemra (3 people, 37.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (3 people, 37.50%)
- Nausea (3 people, 37.50%)
- Interstitial Lung Disease (3 people, 37.50%)
- Haemoglobin Decreased (3 people, 37.50%)
- Paraesthesia (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shingles when taking Marijuana?
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Marijuana 3,099 users)
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, crohn's disease (latest reports from 39,263 Shingles patients).