Review: could Marijuana cause Suicidal ideation?
Summary: Suicidal ideation is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tysabri, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 1,087 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 65 have Suicidal ideation. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicidal ideation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Marijuana and have Suicidal ideation >>>
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 1,391 Marijuana users)
Suicidal ideation has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, acne. (latest reports from 42,715 Suicidal ideation patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 1,087 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 65 people (5.98%) have Suicidal Ideation.
Time on Marijuana when people have Suicidal ideation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicidal ideation||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Suicidal ideation when taking Marijuana * :
|Suicidal ideation||68.27%||31.73% |
Age of people who have Suicidal ideation when taking Marijuana * :
|Suicidal ideation||0.00%||0.00%||4.95%||2.97%||7.92%||73.27%||10.89%||0.00% |
Severity of Suicidal ideation when taking Marijuana ** :
How people recovered from Suicidal ideation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (64 people, 98.46%)
- Neck pain (61 people, 93.85%)
- Back pain (61 people, 93.85%)
- Intervertebral disc protrusion (61 people, 93.85%)
- Spinal column stenosis (60 people, 92.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tysabri (60 people, 92.31%)
- Prozac (30 people, 46.15%)
- Ativan (29 people, 44.62%)
- Singulair (28 people, 43.08%)
- Zometa (28 people, 43.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of marijuana and suicidal ideation on
Do you have Suicidal Ideation while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Suicidal Ideation
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have Suicidal Ideation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a 17-year old boy with Bites - Insects, Bees, And Spiders. The patient has Depression, Suicidal Thoughts
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Marijuana, Coffee, Aleve, Tylenol, Vistaril, Klonopin, Provigil, Adderall 30, Wellbutrin Sr, Viibryd, Lamictal for a 30-year old man with Malnutrition, Stress, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Pain, Headache, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of side effects of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 34-year old woman with Pancreatitis Chronic. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Valium, Tylenol, Dextrose 60%, Cymbalta for a 50-year old woman with Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Pain, Suicidal Thoughts, Blood Pressure Increased
- A study of side effects of Marijuana for a 16-year old girl with Goodpasture Syndrome.
Recent Marijuana related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Marijuana, Vyvanse, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lithium Citrate for a 45-year old woman who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Marijuana, Buspar for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Marijuana for a 50-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Marijuana, Arginine, Atenolol for a 64-year old man who has Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.