Review: could Marijuana cause Vertigo (Dizziness)?
Summary: Vertigo is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 1,050 people who have side effects while taking Marijuana from FDA and social media. Among them, 59 have Vertigo. Find out below who they are, when they have Vertigo and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Marijuana and have Vertigo >>>
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Marijuana 1,354 users)
Vertigo has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.(view latest reports from 162,939 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 1,050 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana. Among them, 59 people (5.62%) have Vertigo.
Time on Marijuana when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Marijuana * :
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Marijuana * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Marijuana ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (11 people, 18.64%)
- Contraception (11 people, 18.64%)
- Pain (9 people, 15.25%)
- Depression (8 people, 13.56%)
- Granulocytopenia (7 people, 11.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (15 people, 25.42%)
- Simvastatin (13 people, 22.03%)
- Oxycontin (13 people, 22.03%)
- Perindopril erbumine (11 people, 18.64%)
- Furosemide (11 people, 18.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vertigo while taking Marijuana?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Marijuana and have Vertigo
- support group for people who take Marijuana
- support group for people who have Vertigo
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Marijuana, Vertigo
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension and marijuana
Marijuana does not cause Pulmonary arterial hypertension, instead it treats it. This study proves that the indigenous cannabinoid, anandamide, lowered aldosterone levels, and therefore would lower blood pressure (http://www.odon.uba.ar/uacad/fisiologia/docs/nuevos/expression.pdf).
For more than 15 years, no blood pressure medications would keep my blood pressure down. I would be on two medications, yet hospitalized with a pressure of 200/130 when I stopped treating my illness with cannabis. Now, I am on no blood pressure meds, and keep my pressure down around 130/78. I would have had a stroke years ago without it.
- Pruritus ani. and marijuana (1 response)
i just got popped for smoking weed on a drug test 2 weeks ago. OF COURSE i was crushed by this news,BUT,i think not smoking the last 2 weeks has CURED my pruritus ani. I suffered and i mean suffered with this the last 2 years and tried giving up everything i thought might have caused this. Certain foods,beer,diet soda to no prevail. I havent felt this good down there in over 3 years!!!! If i knew that was what was causing this,i would of quit years ago and never got popped in the first place!!!! And yes,i would rather give up smoking weed then feel what i felt the last few years.
- Mucinex dm and advil congetstion
I noticed another female with simlar age and side effects; and a third female who in addition was under active thyroid. I have taken both drugs independently and had no problem with them. I am prone to low blood pressure & dizziness due to the thyroid problem
- The fear that follows an attack of vertigo
I awoke one morning and it appeared my furniture was moving in the room. Everything was spinning. I have a ringing in my left ear. Went to an ENT who threw my condition into the catch 22 pile and said I had Meniere Disease. I would not accept that after I researched the horrible ailment. I sought the treatment of a Neurologist who gave me several test including the rotary chair test. He said I did not have Meniere's. I was relieved from the ringing in my ear for a couple of years and then it returned about a month ago with vengeance. I have had no more vertigo attacks like the first, but have had them at bedtime a few times and when I awake I feel fine and they are gone. I am left with a head full of fear since the ENT said I have that dreadful disease. I continue thinking what if it happens at work, or worse while I am driving. Is there anyone who can explain to me just what brings on vertigo and ringing in the ear other then the diagnose the ENT gave me? I remember having vertigo when I was a teen ager but went for years before another attack. How can I eliminate the fear that follows me wherever I go; fear that I will experience an attack somewhere other than my home. Thank you and God bless.
- Still ill after several years (1 response)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and this made me very unwell, causing me fatigue which would last for a few days. I'm still searching for help.
More reviews for: Marijuana, Vertigo
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- *I have noticed breakage of hair.Trying to use coconut and olive oil for hair.Not used on scalp.
*I first noticed thinning after using selenium face wash.I was told I could use it on my scalp. But I looked online and saw that it could cause hairloss. I quit using it after a few tries on my face ...
- Hands have myoclonic jerks. Then I noticed that my shoulders and fingers were twitching/jerking . Anytime I hold something or try to type, for example, the myoclonus jerks gets really bad. This morning it's bad. Up to this point, it has taken me almost an hour to type this.
- Feels like my brain starts to boil.
I also feel like electric waves are pulsating. This only happens sometimes when I smoke cannabis and when it does It makes me constantly "fingerclap" and I feel this happens as a way to endure or handle the brainboiling. I need help.
- Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
More related studies for: Marijuana, Vertigo
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.