Review: could Marinol cause Blood clot in the legs (Deep venous thrombosis)?
Summary: Blood clot in the legs is found among people who take Marinol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Coumadin, and have Nausea.
We study 1,640 people who have side effects while taking Marinol from FDA and social media. Among them, 97 have Blood clot in the legs. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood clot in the legs and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Marinol and have Blood clot in the legs >>>
Marinol has active ingredients of dronabinol. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Marinol 1,697 users)
Blood clot in the legs
Blood clot in the legs (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis) has been reported by people with birth control, pain, multiple myeloma, premenstrual syndrome, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Blood clot in the legs 42,666 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 1,640 people reported to have side effects when taking Marinol. Among them, 97 people (5.91%) have Blood Clot In The Legs.
Time on Marinol when people have Blood clot in the legs * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood clot in the legs||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood clot in the legs when taking Marinol * :
|Blood clot in the legs||62.16%||37.84% |
Age of people who have Blood clot in the legs when taking Marinol * :
|Blood clot in the legs||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.77%||12.31%||76.92% |
Severity of Blood clot in the legs when taking Marinol ** :
How people recovered from Blood clot in the legs ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Nausea (33 people, 34.02%)
- Muscle spasms (26 people, 26.80%)
- Arthritis (26 people, 26.80%)
- Depression (26 people, 26.80%)
- Sleep disorder (26 people, 26.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coumadin (65 people, 67.01%)
- Zometa (65 people, 67.01%)
- Levaquin (58 people, 59.79%)
- Aredia (56 people, 57.73%)
- Ativan (53 people, 54.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood Clot In The Legs while taking Marinol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Marinol and have Blood Clot In The Legs
- support group for people who take Marinol
- support group for people who have Blood Clot In The Legs
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can warfarin cause a weak fingerprint
I had a deep vein thrombosis 3month's ago the doctor put me on warfarin the other day I have to go and renew my drivers licence and find out that my fingerprints is to weak. can the warfarin cause this problem
- Safety of nattokinase
tooth removed needed 5 f red blood cells and 4 of plasma
- Is plavix safe to take for deep veiw thrombois
I still end up with a blood clot to right leg I started up on lovenox for about10 years or more I was switched because I was told it was cheaper
- Effects of moringa on warfarin
I am taking 11mg warfarin and find I have no energy. I am thinking of taking moringa, will this affect the warfarin?
- Treatment for a dvt in person with lung cancer
Have contracted a large painful DVT in groin thru calf. Hospicis doctor will only administer Aspirin 325 mg. what I have researched does this not address dissolving clot. Hospicis doctor told me the tumor lung cancer was more likely to bleed with treatment to dissolve clot. She was negative and said the lung cancer was going to cause death anyway so she wouldn't treat large painful DVT because it may cause bleeding, i.e. more harm.
Can anyone tell me if use of warfarin or other blood thinners are less likely used in lung cancer patients? When admitted to Hospicis in Dec I was on Warfarin and continued use for several weeks until Hospicis stopped treatment.
I'm considering leaving Hospicis and returning to my previous doctors. I am significantly improved now from Dec. My oxygen use was 5 lt when admitted to Hospicis and now almost never require oxygen use.
More questions for: Marinol, Blood clot in the legs
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rigors with pulmonary embolism (2 responses)
I was recently diagnosed with DVT in my right lower leg and pulmonary embolism and hospitalized. .I am now on Warfarin.A week earlier, I experienced severe chills ( rigors) and pain in my right lung.I ignored it as a " virus".As it turns out, I was actually having a pulmonary embolism .If anyone has these symptoms they should get treatment.I was lucky as my DVT showed itself a week later and I finally brought treatment.I hope it helps others.
More reviews for: Marinol, Blood clot in the legs
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I am also on Quinapril for high blood pressure
I get gout sometimes and I was taking Prednisone 20 mg a day (every 12 hrs (took 14 pills in 2 weeks time) I did not take all the time
I want to know if this can cause blood clot in the leg. I developed a superficial blood clot in the leg and wa ...
- Patient is a heart patient who is also stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer. Gemzar is 4th line chemo. He had 1st infusion 12 days ago. Platelets were at 118,000 before treatment. 5 days ago, platelets were at 37,000. Today, they were at 34,000.
Note: He also has a tunneled catheter that is ...
- I was on depo-provera from the time I was 15yrs old until I was 25. I have no experienced superficial and deep veing thrombosis in my right leg. I also get migraines with Aura and swelling in my right ankle
- Xyrem causes me to experience Raynaud symptoms at some dosages.
I rarely take Marinol as it makes me lightheaded & cognitively impaired.
Fearful of EPS from Compazine but I take 10mg daily as it is the only medication I've found effective for my severe nausea from tachygastria x 4 years! Unable to ...
- After years of good control of my clotting condition (FVL) without anticoagulants, I was put on Medrol due to adrenal dysfunction. I also had hypothyroidism. I'd been on Medrol for approximately 5 months when I started having problems with leg pain, which was misdiagnosed despite my indicating it wa ...
More related studies for: Marinol, Blood clot in the legs
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.