Maxzide and Streptococcal infection - from FDA reports
Streptococcal infection is reported only by a few people who take Maxzide. We study 7,401 people who have side effects while taking Maxzide from FDA. Among them, 3 have Streptococcal infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Streptococcal infection and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 22, 2017
7,401 people reported to have side effects when taking Maxzide.
Among them, 3 people (0.04%) have Streptococcal infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Streptococcal infection when taking Maxzide *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Streptococcal infection when taking Maxzide *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (1 person, 33.33%)
- Psoriasis (1 person, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone (2 people, 66.67%)
- Humalog (2 people, 66.67%)
- Vitamin D (1 person, 33.33%)
- Nizoral (1 person, 33.33%)
- Lantus (1 person, 33.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Psoriasis (1 person, 33.33%)
- Pneumonia Bacterial (1 person, 33.33%)
- Immune System Disorder (1 person, 33.33%)
- Fever (1 person, 33.33%)
- Enlarged Heart (1 person, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Streptococcal infection when taking Maxzide?
- Check symptoms - is streptococcal infection caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsStreptococcal infection and drugs with ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; triamterene.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeStreptococcal infection and Maxzide from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Maxzide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; triamterene. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Maxzide 7,674 users)
Streptococcal infection has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, multiple sclerosis, crohn's disease, depression (latest reports from 3,707 Streptococcal infection patients).
Browse all side effects of Maxzidea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Streptococcal infectionStreptococcal infection
Could your condition cause Streptococcal infectionStreptococcal infection
What would happen?
Questions to the study
After losing 40 lbs and getting in the best physical shape of my life, my doctor agreed to take me off of Maxzide. That was last March. After having recent bloodwork done, it was noted that I now have hypothyroidism. I'm wondering if there's a connection.